Thread: Am I being stalked - after 30 YEARS???

Am I being stalked - after 30 YEARS???

Way back in the early days of my being a pianist/singer I met someone named Don. I had bumped into him somewhere in my travels and we wrote letters back and forth. We finally met in person. It was a good meeting; nothing romantic. He had a cassette of a song by the Arbons (from Ann Arbor Michigan) called "There Will Be Times". It was a pretty good song - I liked it well enough to learn it and Don got to hear it.

I went back home to Canada and I stopped replying to his letters after a while. He would send me mixed tapes he had recorded (CDs were not even on the horizon yet!) and would attach a note wondering if I thought he could be a recording engineer. Uh oh. I would reply that he ought to check out some schools and recording studios and find out what was involved. Etc. He plainly had an unrealistic view of me. (Ya think??!!? )

Today I was setting up my new (to me) computer. I had a printout of my sites and passwords etc and was re-typing them. In the course of doing that I briefly checked my one Yahoo mail account which I don't often use but keep around.

There was an email from Don! Just like that, decades later, out of the blue.

His message?
    When are you going to record

" THERE WILL BE TIMES"
    Don

This message was above a link to an "Arbors" recording site...totally a different spelling.

Do I email back and say, "Never."?

Yikes...
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

That's not stalking, just someone trying to get back in touch with you. Don't be so paranoid! It's not like he emailed to every account you have, or tried calling you or finding out your address! You can just respond and say you are not planning on recording it, and leave it at that if you do not want any more contact with the person.
    I've Been Frosted

What Karen said!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I say let him think it is a dead account and don't reply at all.

I'm with Karen. If you dont want to have anything to do with him, do nothing. On the other hand, if you want to be in touch, then email him back. I think it depends if you liked him or not 30 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I think I would do the same. Even though I agree with Karen and the others and I won't say it's actually stalking... but you're obviously uncomfortable with that situation, and for that, you shouldn't add fuel to the fire.

Kirsten, that makes sense...if I am uncomfortable, that should say it all. Feeling paranoid is likely part of it - all those years ago I did feel something was "off" with this guy, not in a bad way, but certainly his reality and mine were totally different.

Thanks for your input, everyone. I did have the odd experience with some wackos during my entertaining career so I guess I am still over-sensitive.

I am so glad I have a place to come, even if it's a silly concern!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    This!

yes Candace go with your own feelings, if you want to re-unite then answer if not do absolutely nothing, let us know if you do meet up again, i love these kind of stories he he.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post

I am so glad I have a place to come, even if it's a silly concern!
    It's not silly. You felt concerned enough to ask for another perspective. And some confirmation of what you already knew was the right action.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)