Thread: Last equine update for a while...

Last equine update for a while...

I hate Friday the 13th....today was a doozie.

I got hit in the head with my locker door, body checked in the hall, and kicked out of the classroom in spanish.

THEN i got home, excited to chill out at the barn, only to find that my crop was missing. I found it moments before we left, thank god. I wouldn't have ridden without it, it's the ONLY one I can stand.

I got out to the barn...i was scheduled to ride Leo. bleh. We don't get along. I can ride him fairly successfully now, but I don't enjoy it. Even his canter, which I loved, it losing it's luster. He's pooping out on me after half a lap and even with spurs and a crop, I can barely keep him going. Same with jumping...we were doing SO good, and now it's back to the refusals. I can't physically keep my leg on him at all times so unless I awkwardly kick him every stride up to the jump, he peters out and stops. And I can't even THINK about adjusting his stride for a good distance...

OH...he also doesn't like to turn. It doesn't matter what I do, how much leg, rein, and/or seat I use...we don't turn.

Basically when I ride him I leave the barn feeling completely incompetent - if I can't even keep him at one gait or make a circle, why should I be riding?

I love riding and I love being around horses, but I just can't do it anymore. I honestly don't feel excited or happy to be riding. There's absolutely no one else my trainer can put me on, and if I'm riding Leo, then I don't want to ride.

I've decided to take a break. I usually stop for the winter around the end of December, but I can't wait until then. I don't want to ride until there's someone else that I can ride. Unless they magically buy another horse perfect for me, then there won't be another horse for me to ride for a while.

SOO...this might be the last horsey update from me for a while, until I get things sorted out.

Here are some pictures to go out with. I really should be an actress - I look so happy when really I want to cry...

Throwing a hissy fit...did I mention I don't like Leo?

Sorry for being so melancholy.
    in on the joke and i cant stop laughing

I'm sorry things with the horses aren't going well Melanie. Maybe better luck next year? In the meantime, maybe you can persue being an actress.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Have you tried different spurs?
    I find the challanging ones to be the fun ones cause once you figure out how they work it's awsome.
    What are they feeding him?
    Maybe give him some sweet feed.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee