Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Schroeder...is up for adoption again #112

Schroeder...is up for adoption again #112

I've tried starting this thread several times and am just not sure how to do it. Forgive me for the long post. I tried to make it short, but it just kept growing each time. I think this may be the shortest one yet.

On Saturday my friend and her husband asked me to go with them to Nashville to get winter coats. (I have a terrible coat addiction and made a promise to myself that I would not even look at any for me.) I stuck to my guns! I picked out a coat for each of them. Then we were going to go to eat. But and you knew there was a but coming, didn't you? I asked if I could run into PetSmart to get cat food. I had determined I was not going to look at the kitties there. I just couldn't handle doing that right now. So in I walked, got my cat food, and looked over at my friend staring at the kitties. The area was closed for cleaning. Knowing I couldn't go in and have any kitties grab me, I walked over as a big orange bum was crawling under the cages. He had just been let out so that his cage could be cleaned. I saw a 3 month old smoke gray kitten, Boo. He didn't seem very interested in us though. He finally opened his eyes, and they looked gold rather than green. Oh well. Plus, he was a kitten. If I were going to adopt, my preference would be for an adult male that had been given up by owners. I dodged a bullet! The lady who was cleaning the orange kitty's cage said that if we were interested in adopting we could come inside. We were just looking, so off to the checkout and out the door! SAFE!

Until I was bored on Sunday and felt brave enough to go on Petfinder! OOPS! I was only searching for gray males. I thought I'd see if I could find Boo online. I couldn't find him going through searches. Finally I remembered the name of the rescue organization that had the cats at PetSmart that day. Nope, still no Boo. But...yup, another but. I found the owner of that orange bum! His name is Schroeder. He had been adopted over two years ago but was returned when his owner could no longer take care of him because of cancer treatments. He lost his owner to cancer. I lost my kitty to cancer. And we have the same color hair/fur!

I sent an e-mail asking tons of questions about him and then spent the rest of the night checking my e-mail every 5 minutes. Nothing. No response Monday. Today, I found a different e-mail address for the rescue organization and forwarded the other e-mail to that one. The response was from someone on the board of directors. She didn't have answers to all of my questions but did give me some additional information. Schroeder's foster mom won't have access to e-mail until Thursday. I responded by sending a phone number. Hopefully I'll get a call tomorrow.

Anyway, I'm nervous because I've never adopted through a rescue organization. I'm scared they won't let me adopt him. I'm scared he won't like me. I can't wait to meet him in person and see if he'll fit in around here. I know Aroara won't be happy, especially at first. But if he is laid back enough, I think she'll come around, eventually. So long story short, I'm not sure if he will live with me, but I did get permission for him to live here. If our meeting goes well and the rescue organization will approve it, Schroeder just may have a home here. He will never replace Morgan, but maybe we can help each other get over the losses we've recently experienced. Now, I'll shut up and show you his picture...

Meet Schroeder:

Any suggestions for the rescue application process?
    Last edited by Moesha; 11-17-2009 at 05:42 PM.

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.

Oh, he is magnificent!! And so very wise - one can tell that from his eyes.

We adopted Abigail back in 2002, after finding her on Petfinder.com. Long story how we got to that point, but the process was not too terrible. We found her; I sent an email; she was brought to our house by her foster mom. I think they wanted to make sure we would be kind to her. I remember her foster mom telling me - if I didn't think it would work don't worry about it.

What they want is a good home for Schroeder - a forever home. Anyone of us could give you a wonderful reference

He is amazingly handsome! He looks so regal in that picture.

I'm sure they will have no reason not to adopt him to you. You are a wonderful person!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

What a handsome guy! I hope you're able to bring him home very soon. Of course he won't replace Morgan, but he'll find his own place in your heart. Good luck!

I can see why you fell for him! That marble coat looks good enough to eat! And that knowing look....he is a keeper.

Hope it all turns out for you both...

Ah! Moesha,

I'm so sorry for your loss, but (and yes another but still!!) as you say you can help eachother through difficult times, and I do understand you.....he is so handome! Defenitely a keeper!!!

Everything will work out fine for both of you, I'm sure!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    He's gorgeous. Here's hoping he finds his furever home with you.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

OMG he is gorgeous! And he is wise and feels your lose. You can see it in his eyes. Best of luck to both of you. I hope you are schmoozaling his thick beautiful fur soon.
    Claudia

What a stunning kitty!! I agree, those eyes do look very knowing; ah, I so hope this works out all the way around. There has to be a reason you're trying so hard!
    I don't have advise for the adoption process; Pinot was from the SPCA and there wasn't much over the interview. Good luck!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Looks like you two made a connection! I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for both of you; it sounds like you may have a new adoptee soon!

Things always happen for the best. In this case you and Schroeder are probably meant for each other.

Keep us posted. He is such a handsome boy and I know he would be most happy and grateful for a new furrever home with you.
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

I think that getting introduced will be no problem at all as Big Hnadsome Schroeder we bet will come right to yo!!

And Bless You for adopting an Owesome Orangie Older Cat, the Cat who so many people pass by looking for Kittens.

Its a shame because these Mature Cats do make Wonderful Loving Companions!!!
    Michael, Miquelito , Golden Rod and Golden Nugget and All the Owesome Orange Porch Angels send thier love to You and Schroeder.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

So he's about 2 years old? What a stunning boy - and he looks pretty laid back.

Now I can't think of him as "Schroeder"; just "Orange Bum". Don't change his name though!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Moe-

He is gorgeous

I'm sure if you are honest with the pet rescue they will have no reason not to let you adopt Schroeder.

Prays that everything goes well with the meeting,
    Melissa

WoW Schroeder your so Handsome Adorable.. Adopting off of Pet Finder is no problem at all.. Several of my babies came off of Pet Finder.. Just E-Mail the Rescue Place where he is at or call if they give a phone number.. And then you all will meet & fill out the paper work & pay for his adoption & then your good to go.. Good Luck & let us know the outcome ok..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

You have each suffered a loss due to cancer. You belong together! I'm praying that you and dear Schroeder get the chance to help each other heal!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!