Thread: Halloween: time to place your orders!

Halloween: time to place your orders!

Monday I placed my order, it arrived today. There are some good deals out there, if you offer other than candy. I like
    orientaltrading.com and centurynovelty.com for Halloween.

This year I got activity books, they are small, palm sized, with 24 pages. Some coloring, mazes, trivia, stuff like that.

So if you don't give candy, get your ordering done!

I lived in an apartment for 15 years, so when I bought this house was the first time I could give Halloween treats. I have never given out candy. Small put together airplanes, coloring books, riddle and joke books, Halloween yo-yos, have all been well received. The year I gave out toothbrushes . . . well that didn't go over too well, except with the parents!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    The year I gave out toothbrushes . . . well that didn't go over too well, except with the parents!
    LOL. One year the Easter Bunny gave my kids a new toothbrush in their baskets with their candy.

WoW Sandi I have never thought of that.. Such a very neat & nice idea..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Kids in this neighborhood would kill me if I gave them anything other than candy. Every year the amount of money I spend increases. I spent $80 last year and still ran out of candy and had to turn off the lights. I go to Dollar General and buy as much as I can but I never buy enough. I think if kids from other neighborhoods would stop coming it would be different.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I go to our local bulk barn and stock up on anything that is wrapped. I hope the weather stays nice cause it sure can get cold when those winds are howling. We have a short street so not too many kids but we do get all the kids from the subdivisions that parents chaffeur around. Every year things get more expensive, and kids today want lots of treats, not a few candies like we used to get.

All of my friends and I would always skip houses that were known for withholding candy
    I will be taking my kiddos out trick or treating so we won't need to buy anything at all this year.
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

never fails, the amount of trick or treaters is inversely proportional to the amount of candy I buy. I don't think we had any at all last year= more candy for me! Gotta start thinking about my jack o' lantern design soon...

Halloween is my FAVORITE holiday!! It's fun to watch the kids dress up and has very little expense or obligations. It's sad others had to turn it into a fear to let your kids trick or treat.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Well, this year I started early too. I already have 2 very large bags.
    I know they won't go very far...