Thread: Ellie is going back to the vets....

Hybrid View

Ellie is going back to the vets....

Poor wee girl,something is not right with my girl, having had that dental,and the flu and two lots of antibiotics, yesterday i noticed she was not eating quite as well, and when she yawned it was not her usual large yawn, and today she was not so fussed at eating and when she did all of a sudden she bolted out of the kitchen, i can only assume her mouth hurt.

Trouble is she associates it with me giving her the food, she thinks i am the one hurting her, her appointment is middle next week for her check up , but i think i will whip her in tonight, she bolted out the cat door fast as this morning and i have been calling her, she has not come yet, i only hope she appears in time for me to shut her in for the appointment.

I cannot understand why she is not healing and what is going on, what turned out to be a reasonably priced dental is now getting very expensive, not to mention poor Ellie having this discomfort, i am worried about my girl,along with my ole boy Ash, it is a worrying time,oh being a pet mother is just as stressful as having human babies isn't it?
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Goodness, just when you thought all this was behind you. I hope that it's nothing serious, Carole.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Hoping that both your babies get back on track soon.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

ok well i talked to Gabe via phone ,we have an appointment tonight at 5.45pm, i am positive something is not right in her mouth, i went to give her some food and she ran under my daughter's car, luckily she came out later and i grabbed her, she is locked inside now much to her dislike,she was eating some ham which she normally loves and eating it fine, and i thought i am panicking about nothing, but then all of sudden she gagged and ran away, in obvious pain, so i sure know something is up now.

Gabe said there can be many under lying causes, they can even be allergic to the bacteria in their mouth, she will probably be getting a long lasting steriod injection tonight, i sure hope this sorts her out, poor wee thing, she certainly is opposed to eating, and that is not my Ellie, she is usually a very good eater.

Wish us luck, and hope there is nothing else more sinister going on, will let you all know ok.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I'm sorry to hear this. Hopefully it's easily treatable and not anything serious. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Do you think that she could have stomatitus? Here's an article about it:http://www.sniksnak.com/cathealth/dental.html.

How are Ellie and Ash, Carole?
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

update

Decided to take Ellie back to the vet last night, she was still acting strange around her food, running away as if in pain when eating, well it turned out there is some good healing going on after all, her gums are a much paler pink and not nearly as inflammed, however Gabe said it was probably the right decision to take her back, as it could well be flaring up again and best to knock it out before that occurs, so he gave her an antibiotic jab and she is on steroid pill for fifteen days, so hopefully this will finally do the trick and Ellie will be all well again, fingers and all paws crossed here.
    Furangels only lent.