Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sigh. Off to the vet w/2 of my Fur Posse; *update post #9*

Sigh. Off to the vet w/2 of my Fur Posse; *update post #9*

Yodie's ear is bothering her again. It's seeping and smells awful! (I pray it isn't the ear polyp growing back.) I made an appt. for her w/Dr. Lee today, then noticed that Coco Puff wasn't in the midst of everything as usual so, after searching for him, I found him in the basement sleeping by himself. Not good. I took him in to Dr. Lee a couple of weeks ago for what I thought was sinusitis and the last time I took him in, a shot of Convenia fixed him right up. This time the effects from the shot lasted only briefly and now he's gurgly again and, obviously, not feeling well, so they're both going in today.

I'll probably have to take Creamsicle in tomorrow because she's got scabs on her back again. I've been giving her Prednisolone every 3 days faithfully but she'll probably need a depo shot. Great timing. I'm having more work done on my house so the outlay of cash isn't exactly what I was looking forward to. But I've gotta take care of the Fur Posse, so no sense in complaining but I will ask that you remember them in your prayers. I may be able to up Cgirl's dosage to daily rather than take her in to Dr. Lee unless she gets worse, so that's something, I guess. I just don't want my furkids to be sick.

Feast or famine around here! Pix from l. to r.: Yodie, Coco Puff and Creamsicle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Whatever I did, I didn't do it..JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	841.7 KB 
ID:	41754   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Coco.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	421.2 KB 
ID:	41756   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cutest ever 2.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	41757  
    Last edited by Medusa; 02-23-2009 at 03:37 PM.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Aww Gee! What do these things happen when money is so tight?! Every notice that? Or to more than one!? I just took Samantha and Chester in last week for their annuals and today I get the notice that Boo is due for hers! If I'd known/realized... I could have had 1 appointment do for ALL!

I hope your posse gets to feeling better soon!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I'm sorry to hear that some of your kitties aren't feeling well and have to see the vet.
    I just posted a few new photos of Milly, maybe seeing them will make Coco Puff feel better.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

I am sorry to hear your babies are not feeling well.. Good Luck at the Vets.. I hope it is minor stuff & maybe a med or two.. Sending Lots of PT Positive Vibes & Prayers & Huggss..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Prayers for Yodie, Creamsicle and Coco Puff and their Meowmie!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Mary,

Has the vet ruled out a yeast infection? MooShoo gets them alot because he has no fur to prevent the dirt from going into his ears. I can always tell when he has one because it has a distinct smell. Good luck. Poor kitty. Keep us posted.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Prayers for you and your three babies that whatever is going on can be fixed without too much trouble or expense. Be well, Yodie, Coco Puff, and Creamsicle!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Prayers and best wishes sent to all the babies.

We're back.

Yodie has a pseudomonas infection in her ear, which she has had before. Dr. Lee is hoping that Zeniquin and a daily ear wash will take care of it. If it keeps coming back, she'll have to be sedated so that he can look in her throat and see if a polyp has formed somewhere that he can't see. He didn't see one when he examined her today. Her ear smelled so bad that even Dr. Lee winced. When Yodie shook her head, all kinds of nasty stuff flew out of her ear.

Coco Puff got another Convenia injection and a depo shot, too. The sinusitis is being stubborn this time.

Creamsicle is to take the Prednisolone twice a day for 5 days, then once a day for 5 days, then every other day, unless the scabs get worse or don't clear up. Then she'll have to get a depo shot, too.

You should've heard Yodie when I put her in the carrier. She sounded like a mountain lion! As soon as we got into the car, though, she burrowed into her blankie and I didn't hear another peep out of her. She was good in the vet's office, too, which was surprising. So was Coco Puff but he's always a good boy there.

So, that's it. Complications averted for now and hopefully forever. Thanx for the good wishes and prayers.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Ok, now, do you have any grocery money left? LOL! Glad it was a easy enough fix for all. Happy Pilling with Creamsicle!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Oh goodness, why is it that when things are tight everything happens? I'm glad everything went ok. That ear infection sounds terrible! Hopefully the meds will clear it up! Healing vibes along the way for everyone!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Glad to hear the furkids are okay. If only they could tell us when something's not right.

Myndi went 2 weeks ago for her check of her heart murmur - no change and no fluid, so that was great. She got a Depo shot for her itchies. This past week she started with some inappropriate peeing in the house and I'm thinking maybe a UTI, so Doc said to bring her back in tomorrow. Of course - it's the end of the month and funds a VERY low, so I know what you're saying! Never fails........
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies View Post
    Ok, now, do you have any grocery money left? LOL! Glad it was a easy enough fix for all. Happy Pilling with Creamsicle!
    You would know better than most, Laura, how fun and easy it is to pill a CH baby. Plus she always gives me the most pathetic look as if I'm punishing her for something, her little head bobbing back and forth. Actually, Yodie is the one who is the most difficult to administer any type of meds, that's if I can even catch her. Clipping claws is fun, too. I feel so mean but I have to wait til she's asleep, then clip two or three claws before she wakes up. After that, forget it. I've never clipped her hind claws because she bites and scratches, so when she goes in to the vet, I have them do it but they charge me $8.50. My old vet always clipped claws as a courtesy. Ah well, Dr. Lee is the man, so I'm not really complaining.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Glad to hear the furkids are okay. If only they could tell us when something's not right.

Myndi went 2 weeks ago for her check of her heart murmur - no change and no fluid, so that was great. She got a Depo shot for her itchies. This past week she started with some inappropriate peeing in the house and I'm thinking maybe a UTI, so Doc said to bring her back in tomorrow. Of course - it's the end of the month and funds a VERY low, so I know what you're saying! Never fails........
    Believe me, Yodie didn't have to tell me. I could smell it. Yuk! W/Coco Puff, I could hear it because he sounds like a little piglet when he breathes. And w/Creamsicle I can feel it because her back is all scabby. (Ok, I'm making myself gag here. Sorry.)

Sorry about Myndi, too. I sure hope she gets fixed up quick. I don't want my fur niece to be sick either. They seem to know when we have more month than money left and if they hear that I'm planning a project, it's almost guaranteed that they'll draw whiskers (instead of straws) to see whose turn it is to go to the vet. For a while there, they all lucked out because my little Puddy was the one who was going all the time and eating up the budget. Then it was Pidge. So now I guess the rest of the Fur Posse have to chip in. Now if they'd only get jobs.....
    Blessings,
    Mary

Glad to hear the kitties visit went while. Hope they feel better.
    -ErinExotic:]]
    Snowbelle's Catster: