Thread: Update on My Ash...

Update on My Ash...

Most of you are aware i was faced with some sad news when Ash had his dental done, he is in early renal failure.

Anyhow thought you might like to know he is doing pretty good at the moment, we have had our ups and downs, and getting him to eat is really a mission, and he has lost a considerable amount of weight, he is a large cat by stature, and he used to be overweight, so i cut him down and was happy with the results he weighed 6.7kgs and i had him down to 6kgs, however he kept loosing and i knew he was not right,now i know why, he currently weighs in at 4.8, he is now my second lightest cat, but really he is the lightest because of how big a cat he is.

At the vets he was 5.2 so yes he is continuing to loose, however if i can keep him at this i will be very happy, he is probably at a healthier weight for his arthritis etc.

I really have to pander to his needs all day long, sometimes he won't eat but if you gently coax him, it might even be patting him in a certain way, he will eat, strange old guy.

I can see a difference in him since the medication, it took about a whole month before we did, but it certainly is doing something, the other thing is he has not vomited since having the dental over six weeks ago, not to my knowledge, he used to inside many times, not one so far, maybe he does outside, but i have yet to see it, so that is good news.

The pilling is still stressful for both kitty and us, but it is what we have to do, he won't take it wrapped up in food, and he is a cunning old guy, even with a piller he manages to hide it under his tongue,sometimes we get it right bang on ,others we have to do it twice, and believe me he lets us know how unhappy he is about that.

So all in all he is doing as best as can be expected, today he was playing and running up the stair,something he has not done in a while, which makes me think he was feeling better.

He is going to have his good and bad days, but so far fingers and all paws crossed he is doing ok.,thanks for listening.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Thank you for the update Carole. I had been wondering how Ash was doing. It's hard to believe that that much time has already passed since his dental! I'm glad that the vomitting has stopped. Keep us posted please.

Thanks for updating us. I'm sorry to hear that he's so hard to pill and that he's such a picky eater. Hopefully he'll maintain his weight. I'm glad that he has some good days and maybe soon they will outnumber the bad days.

Keep up the good work w/Ash, Carole. He may be tough to pill now but maybe he'll come around.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Sometimes he is not so bad to pill, we usually get him when he is sleepy,not wide awake, seems a shame to wake him up, but best for all concerned, you have to have a bit of a laugh, this puddy all wrapped up tightly in a blue towel, looks like a straight jacket really,but is the only safe way for us to pill the old fella.

Actually we are thinking he is having more good days now than bad, and that is great to see.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I'm glad to hear he is having more good days now. Hopefully the pilling will get easier, especially if he realizes it's a new way of life.

Thansk for the update.

From Decker with Love

You and Ash are in my thoughts and prayers.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Thank you for the update, it does sound pretty good. Hopefully, he'll start getting his appetite back and eat more! The dental has got to have helped him feel better.

Kisses and headbumpies from us.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Would Pill Pockets work for Ash? They have saved my sanity on more than one occasion when pilling my guys.

THAT WITHOUT A DOUBT HAS TO BE ONE OF THE SADDEST THINGS OF BEING A PET GUARDIAN, AND THATS WATCHING YOUR LOVED ONES BECOME OLDER, AND PRONE TO THE RAVAGES OF OLD AGE.

WE ARE SENDING PRAYERS FOR DEAR ASH , AND PRAY THAT HE IMPROVES AND REGAINS HIS HEALTH.
    HES SUCH A DEAR CAT
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I have never heard of pill pockets down under, but will do some research, anything i would be willing to try, i once managed to give him some in his mince,tried it next time, he knew, one sniff and not a chance he was going to do that again.
    Furangels only lent.

Glad to hear he is doing better.
    I hope he continues at this rate.
    ((((Hugs)))) I will keep him in my thoughts and send some good vibes his way.

Carole, here's the link about pill pockets:http://www.greenies.com/en_US/Produc...llPockets.aspx. They may not be in your area yet. I use them on 3 of my cats and they really work.

Thank you for the link,Ash has not been eating so well today, even turned his nose up at some nice fresh fish,oh well just have to keep coaxing him, he is getting so thin,anorexic he will be soon i am afraid.
    Furangels only lent.