Thread: UPDATE on Daisy the dog who was set on fire...

UPDATE on Daisy the dog who was set on fire...

No offence to Ernie but the site is a bit too shocking I feel for some of our younger visitors... and so I'm copying and pasting the information here. I do however commend the work he has done for her... so far they have raised over $13,000 for Daisy.

Latest update: August 1st.
    Great news time two!

The first half, is Daisy will most likely be released from the veterinary hospital in about a week or so.

And on the second half, the worthless f*** who did it has been indicted!

Here's the latest email from Jamey from HSNT :

At 0521 PM 8/1/2002, Jamey Cantrell wrote:

Good News Ernie! We just found out they indicted Mr. Lindsay on charges of animal cruelty for setting Daisy on fire!

We just found out a few minutes ago.

According to the news anchor his attorney said he is not competent to stand trial and that there will be a hearing to determine this next week. Daisy is doing much better and it is our understanding that she will NOT have to go through the skin graphs as originally concerned. There is a possibility that she may be allowed to be released from the vet clinic as early as next week.

Daisy is in good spirits and is always thrilled to see people. If you did not know that she had suffered at the hands of a human you would not believe it because she is so people oriented and just comes to life when she sees you. For us one of the saddest things is that no animal should have to go through this to get the attention or help form the public. We appreciate the support form all the generous people but we wish that people would realize that there are hundreds of animals in shelters across the world that need people to care for them whether it is by making a donation, volunteering, adopting, working in legislation, or even having just one animal spayed or neutered makes a difference.

Thanks again for your support - You By Far Have Generated The Most Response - thank you so much for all your help.

Maybe you could consider like a Pet of the Month feature or something!

And yes, I am still working on getting the court dates. As soon as I do, I'll post em!

Here are some pictures I pulled from Ernie's website. They are very graphic and well.... I really can't describe the hatred I feel for the #&%$ that did this to Daisy.

There is also a direct link to Ernies page about Daisy if you'd like to read the past updates.

PICS OF DAISY
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Oh wow.. those pics are devastating.. but it's so great that she is pulling through.

I agree about Ernie's website not being appropriate for everyone.. but I think in general he is a good hearted man for all his hard work!

Way to go Daisy!

OMG!! I knew I souldn't have clicked to see the pictures.!!!!
    I will NEVER understand why people do this kind of stuff
    IT makes me sooooooooo mad at the devil for making people so sick in their head and evil! I mean why take it out on something as CUTE and defenseless as an animal?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!?!?! ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

HOW CAN EVEN A MORBID, EVIL, SELFISH, UNCARING, SOULESS, EVEN PSYCHOTIC PERSON GET ANY PLEASURE BY WATCHING SOMETHING AS INNOCENT AS AN ANIMAL SUFFER!!!!!!!!?????
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

I think I'm going to throw up. Thank God my morning sickness is not as severe as it was or I probably would have. That is just sickening. I hope the guy burns in he**!!!!
    Click here to visit my photo album

"Anywhere I'll ever go and everywhere I've been, nothing takes my breath away like my front porch looking in." - Lonestar

That is terrible what that &#$%@ did to Daisy. I hope someday, somewhere, someone starts him on fire to watch the son of a burn in h....

I can't even begin to understand what was going thru that guys mind when he did that. If you didn't want the dog on your property, call the humane society.....idiot.

I am very to see Daisy is doing good! I hope she finds a loving, caring home to go too. But I'm sure she will. If I lived close to her, I would adopt her.

Keep Safe Daisy, not all humans are like that man!!!!

May he rot in the H#@## that he put her through. "Not competent to stand trial". Yeah, right. That defense attorney is no better than the person he's defending. Things like this are just almost incomprehensible.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06