Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maximum pets in household law....

Maximum pets in household law....

I have one thing to say about that

I was soooo happy as here we didnīt had THAT rule..... so you could have how many pets you wanted, of course unless a neighbor complained then you could get a citation for contamination or something...... now, well in 15 days they are aproving a new "law" bs (pardon my french ) that allows you to have 3 pets per household........3 pets!!!

they havenīt specified 3 dogs or 3 cats, they just mentioned 3 pets...... hope itīs not overall, because if it is......... well...... I rather be an outlaw

and seeing I want a 3rd pup, and having my current birds Iīm way overboard as of now, but luckily where I live itīs sooooo quiet and peaceful that I should pass unnoticed........

and if it doesnīt well buhu... sorry for you...... Iīm not getting rid of anyone at anytime....
    Corinnaīs Christmas Card Swap ī06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da Houseī10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I hate any kind of 'pets per household' laws! I have known many people who had one pet and did not properly care for it yet others, like myself, who have 4 or 5 pets and take great care of them.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I could understand if it applied only to apartments, but not houses.
    I definately would be against that kind of law.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm not fond of laws like that. *sigh*
    I can see the point if the animals weren't properly cared for, but for people who do give them proper care & attention, then I don't see the problem with having more than the specified number.
    The city I live in(well, not actually in, we're just outside city limits) has a 4 pet limit. Though its not really inforced. I know someone who had over 10 dogs right in the middle of the city(they bred them), and all they ever got was a talk with the AC guy, but nothing was ever done.

Vancouver has a 3 dog limit bylaw. My boyfriend wants to rescue a lab, and I want a Sheltie for showing/sports, Papillon for sports and one of Keeva's pups. We plan on getting them once we buy our house in a couple years.. LOL. *Slightly* over the limit, but even shelter workers are over the limit. It's complaint-driven so as long as you don't p/o neighbors, you're okay.

Some cities have kennel licenses.. maybe you guys have something like that?

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I think any existing animals over the limit would be 'grandfathered' in. You might want to check into that, as you took the house under the previous understanding.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Yes, a law change like that, animals rights groups at least try to get the grandfather clause in, as Candace has mentioned. Don't assume that is in there, though.

We have antihoarding laws, which limit cats, dogs. It varies by city and town, it isnot a state rule. So in my city, max 3 dogs, no limit on cats. City next door: max 3 dogs, 5 cats. Over on the other side: no limits on either dogs or cats.

Because in some cities (not mine) they are anti hoarding laws, it does NOT matter if the animals are well cared for, see the vet regularly etc. If you have too many, Animal Control can make you get rid of them.

Ugh! That is totally unfair!

One pet is too much for some people while some people could take care of the whole Ark and not sweat a drop.

I normally see these laws as too harsh and are against them. Some places limit people to total of two pets! I however don't see a problem with something like a 15 pet limit (any combination of dogs/cats) for city limits.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

as stated, if it were apartments or condos I would understand, but still protest..... but this is my house my own bought house..... not rental or anything...... anyway the law is not out there yet......

there should be kennel sort of licenses ...... I should look up into those IF the laws pulls through.....

and about the grandparent thing I have no clue what is that.... I understand it but I donīt think theyīll apply it here
    Corinnaīs Christmas Card Swap ī06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da Houseī10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

do goldfish count?
    Only 3 pets? That seems a little strict for a whole area. The housing complex we are in only allows 2 pets per family.

Ugh. If they would just enforce the animal cruelty and neglect laws they already have on the book, they wouldn't need no stinking limit law.

I take care of my three dogs, two cats, one bird, two ferrets, and four rodents better than my neighbor takes care of her two dogs.

If my animals aren't being a nuscience and are properly cared for, I'll have as many as I damn well please.

We live out in the middle of no where, so there aren't even any leash laws, let alone limit laws. The only limit we have out here is for livestock...you can't own more than so many cows, pigs, horses, whatever unless they are either a.) 4-H animals or b.) you have ALL of the neighbors' consent.
    ~My Clan: Blackie, Rose, Chloe (dogs), Casey, Dameon (ferts), Pheobe (kitty), Dot, Louie (Cavies), Joey (Teil), Pikachu (Dwarf Hammie), Sadie (Guide Dog), R.I.P. Rush (15yrs), R.I.P. Lucy (4yrs)~

Before you freak, these laws usually include dogs and cats, but not rodents, birds, reptiles, or fish. Our city has a 3 dog limit and 3 cat limit. The entire state has a 4 dog limit. Kennel permits are only too easy to get. The law is rarely enforced unless there is a complaint.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

I am in the minority here. I think laws like this are a good idea, it prevents pet hoarding and lack of care. I think three pets per household is too low, but if people who want to have more then the limit they could apply for special licences.

I have seen way too many people take on too many animals then they are able to.

husky_mom - a "grandfather clause" means that you'd get to keep the animals you had before the law took effect, but not be able to add any new ones that woudl put you over the limit.

When Massachusetts raised the drinking age from 18 to 21, people who were 19 to 20 years old were "grandfathered in" so they could still go to bars, as they had already been allowed to legally for over a year, but anyone else had to wait until they actually turned 21. Does that help explain the concept?

Precisely!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jackie
    I am in the minority here. I think laws like this are a good idea, it prevents pet hoarding and lack of care. I think three pets per household is too low, but if people who want to have more then the limit they could apply for special licences.

I have seen way too many people take on too many animals then they are able to.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.