Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: that day, that awful day

that day, that awful day

it's only been 6 years, and it's the first time tuesday has come around since that awful blue day. i can recall many things, but the sheer horror of seeing the murder of nearly 3000 people in front of my unable to comprehend eyes still is there. and the only thing wrong those poor souls did that day was go to work. tell your families you love them, make sure they know it. pet your fur babies. and remember.
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

I really could have cared less.. I was just like "Oh, it actually has begun." I was also dealing with my own personal crisis.

It was this forum though that made the event seem so much more real to me and brought it close to home. One of the poster's son's teacher perished. Some of theposters had S.O.'s they were worried about.

The event as a whole "big whoop." On a personal level though... I feel so so sorry for loved ones lost. That's the part that makes me cry. I feel so bad for the living who have to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by joycenalex
    it's only been 6 years, and it's the first time tuesday has come around since that awful blue day. i can recall many things, but the sheer horror of seeing the murder of nearly 3000 people in front of my unable to comprehend eyes still is there. and the only thing wrong those poor souls did that day was go to work. tell your families you love them, make sure they know it. pet your fur babies. and remember.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Two of the planes left from our airport, Logan airport is a ten-minute drive from our house.

The florist downstair's boyfriend/partner was on one of the flights, I'll never forget Michael's screams of anguish that were loud enough to be heard through brick walls.

And after the interminable footage on TV, after caling Lady's Human, who was home with infant Marylin-Jean - she wasn't even a month old. After touching base with everyone, the eeriest part for us was the silence.

Boston is a big city, and Logan is a huge International airport, and suddenly, there were no planes overhead. None. No planes, no helicopters, the office buildings downtown had been evacuated ... and our skies were completely silent. Every once in a while fighter jets would go overhead, and in the otherwise silent sky, they were loud and ominous.

And then the skies were silent again.

And the mourning began, the city's heart was rent with grief, and the world had forever changed, and that morning was not yet over.

Pet Talk prayed with our members who couldn't reach family members in New York city that day. We were all very relieved when tatsxxx11's husband reported in at last, and cried with relief alongside RottieLuver when her cousin was heard from, he had evacuated the towers before they collapsed.

And now, 6 years later, life goes on, but our hearts remember.

We have to remember it is so important not to forget. So many thought we were untouchable!!!! But the sad truth is we are not, and we never will be. That day will forever be branded in our hearts, in our minds, in our souls, one of my best friends I could not get in touch with that day, he worked near there I found out later, but for some reason I thought his office was in there, I was panicked beyond belief, finally midnight I get a phone call, he is safe. Oh the joy that was felt, the tears that were shed, to hear your loved one's voice and know they are still in your life to be able to tell them out loud "I love you"!!!!! My heart broke with everyone that day, my prayers were never ending, they are still that way for all the people left behind. Today I thank God every day that I have all of my family here with me and I try not to take any of them for granted.
    Today I thank all of the men and women who gave their lives that day trying to save the one's that they could save.
    May God Bless all of you and keep you and your loved one's safe.

We visited New York in the following December and won't ever forget going to Ground Zero or the warm welcome we received from everyone we met.

My thoughts are with you all today
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

I can't believe it was 6 years ago already - it still feels like yesterday.

My thoughts and prayers go to all the families and friends of those that lost their lives...and those that made it through but are continually haunted by what they experienced.

Today will always be a sad day - one that will never be forgotten.

xxx
    Mandy

Kittycats_delight (Michelle) thanks for the great signature!

I was in 3rd grade, and I remember it was almost the end of school, yet everyone was leaving. I was confused as to why, and when I got home I saw what had happened. My dad had been on a plane with his boss that day going on a business trip and my mom couldn't get in touch with him, since he was on a plane, then he finally called her after he got off. I've went to ground zero many times after and the shock and eeriness is still there. It always will be.

I will never forget that day! I cried so many tears that day, and have never been so scared in my life! we Lived at the time, in Albany NY, which is the state capital. Our son went to Daycare in The Federal Building. We rushed to the Federal Building to Take our son home, as we were so scared of what might happen. I rember the Rush of parents, the Madness, and just the fright in everyone's eyes! I Remember getting the call From my Unit, that we were Being deployed to the site, just a few hours later. I rember having to give a teary goodby to my 1 1/2 yr old son, not knowing what was going to happen. I remember all of the Mental anguish all of my fellow Soldiers faced after spending so Much time at Ground Zero, not to mention all of the Health problems. 9/11 will never, ever be forgotten. You can never forget something like that!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

It was all so eerie. We just kept the TV on all day, watching the coverage. I kept thinking, "it's a movie. No, this really happened." It was so shocking, I just couldn't fathom it.

And the silence, as Karen mentioned. That went on for 4 days. DAYS. Not a plane in the sky. Never realized how much noise we have going on around us until it was silent.

I always remember one shot on TV, which I've never seen replayed. It was towards the end of the day, and people were walking across a bridge to get to some sort of working transportation to try and get home. Their eyes were blank; their clothes were covered in dirt. It looked like a picture of war refugees in some other country. But no, it was in THIS country!

We were making an effort to fly the flag today but . . . it is pouring rain out.

I will never forget. I watched in horror, and cried many tears for our nation, for those that I never met. Such horror. Visiting Ground Zero was very moving, touching, and eerie.

I remember looking out my office window seeing the smoke from the Pentagon rising into the sky. Washington DC was evacuated and the long, quiet walk home began. People kept turning around as we left the city to look back over our shoulders. It was almost as if we expected to see some horrid creature following us. Something horrid did follow everyone that day and still comes back to haunt
    ~ at least I'm not...

I called in sick with a cold that morning and I was just laying on the couch,
    bundled up with a comforter watching TV.Then they broke in with this horrible
    news & film footage of the smoke & horror of what was happening. I could not
    believe my eyes at what was going on. Then the second tower building was
    hit. I immediately wanted to call family & friends to see where they all
    were. It was so scary. I'll never forget.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I had just started a new job and was getting ready to go to the home of a co-worker with a home office for orientation. I remember Katie Couric on the Today show saying they were not sure what a big plane was doing flying directly over lower Manhattan like that, maybe it was pilot error ... and a beautiful, sunny day in Chicago ... driving to her home ... somehow she and I managed to keep working but we were calling other parts of the country where offices had been closed and people sent home so we knew it was something major. When I got back to the office the mood was very subdued, they'd had the radio on all day and knew what was going on. O'Hare is exactly like Karen described about Logan - you get so used to the constant presence of planes that it's eerie when nothing is flying. One of the pastors from my church was on flight #11 from Boston to L.A. so it's kind of a solemn day.

Today in Chicago is pretty low-key, the mood is quite subdued because people know what day it is. And again, it's a beautiful September day. Not as warm as 6 years ago though.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    Two of the planes left from our airport, Logan airport is a ten-minute drive from our house.

The florist downstair's boyfriend/partner was on one of the flights, I'll never forget Michael's screams of anguish that were loud enough to be heard through brick walls.

And after the interminable footage on TV, after caling Lady's Human, who was home with infant Marylin-Jean - she wasn't even a month old. After touching base with everyone, the eeriest part for us was the silence.

Boston is a big city, and Logan is a huge International airport, and suddenly, there were no planes overhead. None. No planes, no helicopters, the office buildings downtown had been evacuated ... and our skies were completely silent. Every once in a while fighter jets would go overhead, and in the otherwise silent sky, they were loud and ominous.

And then the skies were silent again.

And the mourning began, the city's heart was rent with grief, and the world had forever changed, and that morning was not yet over.

Pet Talk prayed with our members who couldn't reach family members in New York city that day. We were all very relieved when tatsxxx11's husband reported in at last, and cried with relief alongside RottieLuver when her cousin was heard from, he had evacuated the towers before they collapsed.

And now, 6 years later, life goes on, but our hearts remember.
    When you talk about the planes and how they stopped flying, I remember hearing planes flying that night. The were fighter planes, protecting the East coast. Shortly before I heard the planes, I heard our town siren go off. It only goes off on Sunday's at Noon (and for warnings, which we've never had). But for some reason, the siren went off. I remember thinking that something happened at the Seabrook Nuke Facility. I was so scared. I remember thinking...this is it.

My hearts will forever go out to the people who died that day, their families and the people who have to live with the toxic dust today.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

I still remember that Tuesday, 6 years ago, I'll always remember it. The shock, the disbelief, and these pictures that were repeated a hundred times on tv, so they are carved in our memories as long as we live. This is one of the moments where no one will ever forget what he did the moment he learnt the news.

I remember so well the photo of the "dust lady"; I saw her photo the next morning in the newspaper. I remember I looked at her in that picture, I was wondering what her job was in the WTC, and I pictured her dressing herself for her working day that morning, not knowing what kind of fate was waiting for her. Now I learnt that she's no longer able to work since 9/11, and that she's barely leaving her house anymore. 9/11 destroyed so many lives, not only those who died in the flames.

My heart goes out to the victims, and their families. It's six years now, but it feels like yesterday. It's still very close.

Kirsten