Thread: baby deer

baby deer

I was over at my grandparent's today and heard something outside crying! It sounded like a goat, so I went out and there was a baby deer in their yard and one of the next door neighbor's dog was chasing it! Soem men were working outside at another neighbor's house and they chased the dog off and got the baby.

My mom called them and asked our neighbor what were they planning to do with it and she said that the guys had some friends who had some pet deer and they were gonna take it and raise it. It was so thirsty they said...and it's very thin so they think the mom was killed/died some how.. I'm just glad the wild coyotes around here didn't catch it first...it's a very small one...and so cute!!
    just wanted to share this
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

My cousin's uncle found one in the middle of the road a while ago. Just laying there really still. So he took it to they're farm where if you said where's bambi? The dog would go and find her in the corn field and lead her back, and she stayed in the barn with the baby cows. She even had a bear she slept with ((lol)) and they bottle fed her. Now she's grown and comes back to the farm for food. They spray paint her during hunting season so she doesn't accidentily get killed.

aww! that's so sweet.
    We asked them to keep us up-dated on how the little baby does.

About a mont ago my mom brother and I were carrying my grandpa to see his cousin and we saw 3 baby deer on the side of the road. We didn't see any mom deers around.. Then when we came back by they were gone. I'd love to raise one and let it go, but then if you let it go I wonder if it could survive??? It might not know how to take care of itself....
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Aw that is so cute! I bet pet deer are adorable, I've never seen anyone have them as a pet before, but I'm sure it can be done. I've heard people who have owned wolves as pets. I'm so glad that the deer was okay and that coyotes didn't get it as you said.

Thank goodness the baby was saved!

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

It is extremely illegal to have a pet deer. I know someone who had theirs taken away from them. I have a friend though that has one the mom was hit by a car and she found the baby with a part of the cord still attached and it was a newborn. She is now a great pet and lives inside the house and is potty trained. lol She actually sleeps in the bed with her.

Zoe and Oliver you will always be missed wait for me at the bridge babies.

Also owned by 2 cats named Olive and Sophie
    1 bunny named Houdini
    1 syrian hamster named Oreo
    A 17 year old cockatiel named Baby
    7 zebra finches named Beeper, Zeb, Sprout, Buzz, Scout, Jack and Pearl
    7 bettas
    and several tropical fish

Visit Lucy, Maggie, and Gracie's Doggyspace

It knew how to survive becuase the dog acted as the mom and the deer romed around a lot and ate the grass in the fields and stuff too after it was bottle fed.

I also heard it was illegal...so I guess it wouldn't be a good idea but I have always loved deer. I think they're so pretty.

I was driving my brother home tonight and we saw a grown girl deer in someone's yard. It saw us and stood still for a second, then it took off running. It was really beautiful!