Thread: My Sweet dashound Esther who just died

My Sweet dashound Esther who just died

Esther Was Our 16 Year Old Dashound. She Has Suffer With Cancer For Almost 2 Years. She Died This Past Saturday May 19,2007. She Was At The Point Where She Could Not Eat. When She Did Eat She Would Just Throw Up. She Would Only Go Out Twice A Day To Potty. She Was Nothing But Bones With Some Skin On Her. She Was Still Full Of Love. She Slept With Me And My Husband. I Had Talk To The Doctor On The Phone Several Times About Her. I Knew What Had To Be Done. I Was So Hopeing And I Was Praying That The Lord Would Just Take Her In Her Sleep For I Did Not Want To Have To Have Her Put To Sleep But She Was A Fighter.

Saturday Morning She Would Not Eat. She Could Not Potty. Our Kitty Stretch Her Paw Out And It Was Has If She Was Petting Esther To Say Good Bye. My Husband Had To Work He Said Hun Even If I Was Off I Don't Think That I Can Take Her. Our Son Who Is 20 Years Old Took Me And Her To The Vet. Dr Frye Who Is The Best. Checked Her Out. He Said Yes Her Time Was Up. He Said If We Kept Her Alive We Would Be Cruel To Her For She Would Be Suffering.

My Son And I Were Their With Her Right Til The End. She Went Peaceful. We Brought Her Home And Our Son Buried Her In My Flower Garden Out Back. He Cried With Every Shovel Of Dirt That Was Put On Her. When His Dad Came Home He Finsh Covering Her Up And Then He Broke Down We All Three Were Crying. Even Though I Know That She Is Not Suffering Anymore My Heart Is Still Broken I Miss Her Something Bad.

We Have A Rat Terrier 15 Years Old And A 2 Year Old Lab But Esther Was Something Special. I Know She Is In Heaven I Really Belive That God Has A Place In Heaven For Animals And I Know That She Is Their And She Is Running With The Other Dogs. I Know The Lord Will Heal My Broken Heart It Will Just Take Time. ................

Rest in poeace, sweet Esther. Roll in the flowers nd chase all the critters you want up there at the Rainbow Bridge, okay?

I know how you are feeling. I went through it on the 12th May when I had to do the same thing on my own with our vet. I was lying on the floor with my Jake and held his head until he took his very last breathe and it has broken my heart totally. It is so so hard isnt it when a pet is special to you
    and you have them with you for so long. They are like our children and my Jake was my baby like your little one would have been your baby. I am crying as I write this to you and please know that I understand 100% all the
    emotions that you are going through and will go through until time heals your heart.

R.I.P Esther. Play hard with the angels.

Remember-don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Take comfort in knowing she is healthy once again.

She'll always be with you in spirit...

Rest Easy Esther.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

RIP sweet one.
    I'm very sorry.
    HUGS

----<---<--<{(@

This is so sad
    Good luck at the Rainbow Bridge, Esther, and play hard now...
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

Could you post a pic of esther?

I'm so sorry. I lost my 16 year old cat on March 5th. It is so very hard! I too believe that God has a place in Heaven for our sweet babies. I also believe we will see them again!
    RIP 03-05-07 Ellie

I'm so sorry about Esther. She sounded so sweet. I know how you feel; we've lost many dogs that have went on to the RB and it's so hard. I had a collie for 10 years that I got when I was 7 and when she died it almost killed me because I had her forever it seemed like and she was my best friend. I still think about her and can still cry wehn I do, but I know she's at the RB, because I believe there is a place in Heaven for all animals. You'll always miss Esther and it will always hurt to think about her at times, but always remember you'll see her again someday when it's the right time. As time goes by it will get a little easier but you'll always miss her and love her.
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

I'm so glad that you were with Esther, as she took her last breath. I'm so sorry for your loss.