Thread: Can anyone please tell me what this is?

Can anyone please tell me what this is?

Yesterday my cousin's 27 year old mare died. She thought it was just because if old age, but when she went out there to say goodbye, she was bleeding from her back end. She was also really bloated. There was no sign of unusual behavior the day before. I was just wondering if anyone could possibly tell me what this could be. I looked it up on the internet, but unfortunately I had no luck...so I came here!!!
    If My Horse Doesn't Like You... I Probably Won't Either

It is so hard to determine these things,But in any given case(I could be wrong) It was most likely Cancer,The last 2 horses (they were friends of mine) It was Cancer...

Only a vet could tell you for sure, but I do believe a lot of horses have bleeding or discharge from their rear ends when they are dying. I'm sorry about the horse. 27 is a good age compared to the latest average (23ish). I think diet has been contributing a lot to early deaths. Horses are supposed to eat living grass, not dead hay. Anyway, I rant, send good wishes to your cousin from PT.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Horses are supposed to eat living grass, not dead hay
    It still has nutrients, what do you think wild horses eat in the winter when there is no fresh grass. Where do you get your information?

Your horse bleeding could be the fluids just letting go, like how animals keep pee or and poo themselves after they die.

Sorry to hear about your loss.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Ulcers. They can get them anywhere in their digestive tract and it can cause the bleeding and even bloat. Bloat can be enough to kill.

thanks everyone...i just wish i could figure it out...oh and btw if this helps anyone, the blood was really watery and runny...it also was a little different in color...it was red but it had a tint of yellow...perhaps from her pee??? well if you know anything, please let me know!
    If My Horse Doesn't Like You... I Probably Won't Either