Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: They let it happen again! *3 more pics added*

They let it happen again! *3 more pics added*

thread

Pics

Well, they let it happen again. They let Chloie get pregnant.

She had 7 puppies this time, all of them were stillborn except for 1.
    One of them wasn't even formed right. It's head looked deformed.

My friend called this morning to let me know Chloie had puppies, and the one remaining puppy that was alive had a huge gash on the back of her neck. I guess Chloie got a little over excited cleaning her and ripped her skin open. It was from one side of her neck to the other.

I couldn't very well stand by and let this puppy die (because that's basically all her mom was going to do), so I took her to the vet. She has 7 staples in her neck and I was given some anti-biotics for her. The vet put some anti-biotic stuff underneath her skin before they stapled her up. I have to bring her back in 10 days to have them removed.

Anyway, needless to say.. The puppy is now here with us and we are bottle feeding her. My friend was going to take her to her house and bottle feed it but she has a 3 year old son that wouldn't leave it alone, and she also has a 6 month old baby that is just learning to crawl so she didn't really have time.
    I really don't understand why her mom doesn't just go and get the poor thing fixed. She's like 9 years old and her milk is bad. She can't nurse them. They know this from the past litters she has had. It just pisses me off to no end.

For now, this is the only pic I have.
    Last edited by molucass; 12-06-2006 at 09:37 AM.

I feel sick to my stomach. That's horrible. Poor Chloie Poor puppy. Stillborn and deformed puppies, bad milk? I know she's your friend, but, pleeeze...bop her on the head or something! And you and your boyfriend are already caring for the poor little thing, you're so awesome to get involved. Puppy stitches, poor little dear.

I've been Boooo'd!

Yeah, I find it really sad that a 3 hr. old puppy had to have "sugery" already.

It's not really my friend that is doing it. Her mom lives in a different city than her and the dog actually belongs to them.

However, if I was her, I would take the dog myself and have her fixed.

You have probably spent or will spend more money and time, nursing this darling little baby, than it would cost to have the mom spayed. Thank you for caring so much. I believe I would step in, have the dog spayed and never say a word to my "mother" about it, if I were your friend, even if I had to borrow the money to do it. Geez!!!

Isn't there a spay/neuter program that would fix this poor dog for very little money? This is just not fair to poor Chloie. I admire you stepping in to help with this pup, poor baby. Her mom sounds like my ex-FIL. He totally ignored the obvious problems their female dog was having giving birth because "he didn't want the dog in the first place". She & most of her pups died giving birth. I can't imagine how much pain that poor dog must have been in. My ex and his mom ended up hand-feeding the orphaned pups.

Will you find a good home for the puppy? I can't imagine you would let them have it back. The puppy has a cute little face.
    Last edited by cyber-sibes; 12-05-2006 at 12:46 PM.

poor puppy! bless you for taking her in and raising her! hopefully Chloie will be fixed soon. she doesn't need to have pups! the puppy is a real cutie though!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

If she's your friend, then she should understand how you feel and will also understand when you take her dog yourself to the vet to be spayed.

How many more puppies have to die???

goD Bless the tiny puppy!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Poor little puppy. Thank you for saving her.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Poor puppies, and poor Chloie! Thank goodness you stepped in to take care of the sweet baby.

Some people on another forum said I am just enabling them to have more puppies, and that may be true, but I would rather step in and take the puppy rather let her lay there and die cold and hungry like my friends mom was going to do..

Some people on another forum said I am just enabling them to have more puppies
    By the sounds of it, they would've had more puppues whether you took this one from them or not, because they obviously don't care about the welfare of any of the dogs. The only way to stop them would be to get the bitch spayed. Don't worry, you did the right thing.
    Amy & the furkids

Honestly, if the threadstarter is "fostering" them and taking over all of the work, the threadstarter is only enabling them to continually have accidental litters. What reasons do they have for spending the money to spay the mom when they have someone who's willing to be the "hero" every time and bottle feed THEIR puppies?
    There is what they said.

the people on the other forums sounds heartless. Dont listen to them, you are giving life back to a tiny puppy! Be proud! Its ok for them to judge you but they are not in your situation I know I would be doing exactly the same if I was in your situation

people suck!! don't they know that there are millions of dogs dying all over the world in shelters because they let her have puppies again?
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

That is so sad. I'm so glad you were able to save that puppy.