Thread: Ahem, you forgot to feed me!

Ahem, you forgot to feed me!

This almost never happens - we usually check Ritzy's food bowl for content right before we go to bed and refill as needed. We don't keep it "full" all the time because she was overeating - we put in some, let her finish it and gradually got to a twice-day feeding and she has come to self regulate her intake accordingly and keep the weight more or less manageable (and there's daily exercise)

Anyway, back to the story. We had gone to bed and just dozed off when Ritzy climbed up on the bed with her big furry stuffed mouse (about the size of an orange) and dropped it on my spouses forehead...not the most pleasant way to awaken. She then trotted to the bedroom doorway and stood there meowing loudly(something else she isn't known for doing unless she wants something). She started to turn around, then kept looking backand meowing again.

"Ok, ok...I get it, you want something" Spouse gets outof bed and Ritz heads downstairs, uttering this little grumbling meow the whole way. proceeds to the kitchen, followed by my bleary eyed spouse....walks over the to food dish which was bone empty and sits by the bowl.

She then put her paw on the food bowl and uttered this loud, definitive MEE OW!

Bad mommy & daddycat...didn't fill food bowl!

Not sure about Ritzy's training, but it seems ours is coming along fine!
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

Hee, hee, hee! I adore Ritz stories and this one is the best ever, I think!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

LOL Great story.It sure sounds like she has you both trained. My cats have me trained too.

Netherlands (where I'm from) & Germany (where I live)
    How cute.

Former User Guest
    LOL LOL, that is so funny!!!! Ritzy is really smart!

Loved the story! LOL! Ritzy surely has you trained! She knows exactly how to make you fill her foodbowl Fister does the same if we forget (rare) and he also shows us the way to the bathroom whenever he wants to have us run water across the floor for him.

Only a few years ago, I would have sworn only dogs would behave like that!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Although I've always had cats as pets, Ritz is the first one with whom we have such interaction. She seems to sense our needs at times too - she is somewhat "aloof" in the cuddling department, but when either of us is stressed out or not feeling up to par, she is inseparable - being as close as possible.

I always thought this to be more of a dog trait, but think that many kinds of animals come to relate to their human roommates in intricate and intimate ways.

It's probably more instinct than intelligence, but whatever it is, I love it
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

My cats aren't as methodical as Ritzy, but just the same they let me know, especially when they are hungry. The kittens will gang up on me when they want to be fed, and Tiger will do some unusual antics -which have already been posted in the "time to get up" department.

..........wayne

HA HA............ That is funny... Ritzy knows what she wants and how to get it!!! *lol*
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Ritzy,

You are the cutest little girl!! Way to go training mommy and daddy!!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

What a cute, cute story. It always amazes me how cats can be so explicit in telling you exactly what they want.

Because I had an ant problem earlier in the year, I was giving Rascal his wet food on the dryer. He is clearly telling me now that he doesn't want it there - and he won't eat it until I put it back on the floor with his water dish.

Re: Ahem, you forgot to feed me!

Originally posted by tuxluvr

She then put her paw on the food bowl and uttered this loud, definitive MEE OW!

Bad mommy & daddycat...didn't fill food bowl!

Not sure about Ritzy's training, but it seems ours is coming along fine!
    LOL!!! Ritzy sure has you wrapped around her dainty paw! Don't feel bad. I'm wrapped around all 4 of my cats' paws...or would that be all 16 feet?

Ritzy is such a smart kitty to train you two so well.

Tubby does the same thing. He's done it more with Terry since Terry is home more during the day, and it's gotten to the point where Terry immediately knows what Tubby wants.

I normally clean the litterboxes and fill the food bowls as part of my morning routine. Sometimes - don't know how it happens - but I forget to fill the bowls. Peanut will eat the little crumbs in the bottom of the dish, but Tubby wants nothing to do with it so he heads upstairs to see if Daddy will feed him since Mommy is so mean and forgets.

Terry says Tubby will walk right up to him, sit by the side of the chair and meow real loud. If Terry ignores him, he'll meow again. When Terry finally looks at Tubby, Tubby will get up and start walking towards the stairs, looking back to see if Terry got the idea and is coming. If Terry doesn't come, Tubby will go back next to the chair and meow again. Same routine, if Terry looks, Tubby will head for the stairs and look back. When Terry finally gets the idea and follows Tubby, Tubby will head down to the first floor, all the while looking back to make sure Terry is still following, then head down to the basement, still making sure Terry is following. When they get to the basement, he goes right over to the food bowls, sits down, looks right at Terry and meows real loud as if to say "Will you feed me already, PLEASE!!!!" Terry fills the bowls, goes back to work and Tubby eats a bit then heads off for a hard won nap. It's gotten to the point where Terry recognizes the "My dish is empty" meow, but Tubby has taken advantage of a well trained Terry and has led him downstairs when there is still food in the bowls - they're not empty, he just wants fresh food from the bag instead of that stale ol' stuff that's been out since morning. So Terry does the ol' switcheroo - dumps the food in the bowl back in the bag then scoops out "fresh" stuff for the Tubster. Who has who trained here is my question.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl