Thread: Sabrina, Sassy, and Josh at 9 weeks *PIX*

Sabrina, Sassy, and Josh at 9 weeks *PIX*

Sorry I haven't been online lately to keep you updated, but I'm here now! lol

Kittens are doing good, they are really FAST now!! They also love ping pong balls, dingle balls, and furry mice (fake of course). Had to buy a deeper litterpan as it turns out, now that they are bigger, they really REALLY like to dig to China before they use the box! I had litter everywhere every day. Much cleaner now with the larger litterbox! lol

SABRINA - Weight as of Sat. 2 lbs 5 1/2 oz. She's very active, too busy to be much of a lap baby. lol. Has bad habit of climbing people. You walk in the room and BOOM, you have a Sabrina attatched to your thigh and climbing! Can't hardly keep her off you! A nail trim helped, now she launches at your leg and promply slides to the floor. *note to self - keep nails trimmed!* lol

SASSY - Weight as of Sat. 1 lb 11 3/8 oz. FINALLY drinks from a bowl on her own, and doesn't submerge her nose in it anymore! YAY! Still is picky about the food sometimes, but mostly when she's wanting to play instead of eat. She does gain, but it's more like two steps forward one step back at times. At least I don't have to water down the food anymore. She's quite playful, but also likes to cuddle up to you. Has recently started climbing people also. Nail trim slows her down, but she's persistant! lol *note to self - DEFINATELY keep nails trimmed!*

JOSH - Weight as of Sat. 1 lb 14 7/8 oz. Makes this little happy noise, kinda like a short high pitched purr/meow combo when he's really really happy or playful. Sassy makes the same noise, but much softer and less frequent. Josh purrs at the drop of a hat, and LOUD too! Has been doing great with the litterbox. Haven't had any accidents in a long time, and his plumbing seems to be working like it should. He got a bath Sat. although I can't seem to get all the yellowing off of his rear end, but he does look better.

They went in last Monday for first vaccinations for Distemper and Leukemia. They go back on the 11th for second shots and Rabies. They did good for shots, only Sabrina made a fuss on the second shot (the vaccinations were not a combo vaccine) and cried some, but other than that they were quiet and coopertive.

They were treated with Revolution, not only as a wormer but they had earmites!! I kinda thought that gunk in Sassy's one ear looked like ear mite debris, but she wasn't really itchy, and only occasionally did any of them shake their heads, no one else had gunk. Vet said that since I'd been watching them closely since I got them, that it must have only been a few mites to take this long to really show up. We did an ear cleaner the previous week but the gunk came back, so not earwax. Anyways now they're treated for both the earmites and wormed. Although Josh had previously tested negative for worms/parasites, and no one passed any roundworms after treatment. Kinda surprising for outdoor born kitties.

No luck on finding homes for them. I had one lady interested in the two girls, but recently decided that she didn't want to get any more cats until after the holiday's and that if I found someone else to take them to go ahead. I'm not sure what to make of that.

Hubby is starting to bug me about them still being here. For some reason he had it in his head that they would only be here for 3 weeks and then go back to my coworker. Dunno why because I never said that. *shrugs* He keeps making comments about them being temporary and they're not staying, but I've noticed he cuddles Josh quite a bit, athough he doesn't spend much time with them because he's afraid of getting too attatched. Personally if we kept Josh I wouldn't mind, but I doubt the resident cats, or our budget could possibly sustain an additional 3 cats permenantly.

I seriously would love for Sabrina and Sassy to have a home together if possible. Hard part is I'm being very picky about where and how I'm advertising them because I'm so afraid of them getting a home with someone who may dump them when they're not little anymore, or if they have any problems later on, or they can't afford the vet, etc. Needless to say with my picky-ness I haven't had much for serious inquiries. Plus I'd really prefer they have a home where their new owner would send me an occasional pix and short note on how they're doing as they grow up. *sigh*

Maybe I'm wishing for too much??

PIX in following post......

In case you want to read the previous updates with pix ....

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=114224

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=114404

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=115191

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=115764

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=116321

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Sabrina, Sassy, Josh 9 weeks old

SABRINA

SASSY

JOSH (definately tell he's a male can't you! lol)

THINKING ABOUT POUNCING (he just got done eating wet food, so his chin is a bit dirty)

STRUTTING

GOT YA...WELL ALMOST!

DISCOVERING THE SCREEN SAVER

GROUP PHOTO

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Aww! They all look very good, but Josh just makes me squeal! I remember how pitiful he looked when you first got him - he's a fluffy beauty now! What a guy!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

THIS>>

Would NEVER leave my house!

Quote Originally Posted by jenluckenbach
    THIS>>

You are stronger than me Jen because

THESE>>

I would not be able to let any of them go...darn it all they are just too cute !!!

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

They are all 3 just adorable! That Josh certainly is "all boy"!
    I'd definitely have a hard time letting him get away too!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

They're all so adorable and I'm glad to hear that they're doing so well too. Josh is also my favorite and I wouldn't be able to let him go either. Maybe another PT'er will be able to adopt one of them. Good luck.

OH my word, look at Josh! he's absolutely gorgeous, and I'd have him in a heartbeat if I was local! I too remember the pictures of him when he just looked like a mucky blob of fur, and now look at him so handsome and growing up so fast.
    You are responsible for this and you should be so proud.
    Perhaps you could say that prospective owners must be vetted, as in you need to go to the house (to check it out secretly) and have a chat with them, you could also perhaps print out informatin from the internet, about basic cat care, keeping the flea free, getting them neutered at the right age, benefits of neutering etc, and also give them your number so they can ring you with any problems or seeking advice, and if they ever have problems and cant' keep them, you'll have them back to find another home for them?
    It sounds like a lot of hard work I know, but could be worth it, and perhaps if you husband helped it'd be something you could share and do togehter?

I'm just bumping this back up to the top. Seems that alot of posts/threads got going when I posted so I don't know that everyone got to see the pix.

I had to add another bowl for them. The little double sided food/water bowl just wasn't big enough, and they kept romping through it scattering crunchies and water into a glob-y mess. lol So now the double sided one has water on both sides and their old wet food bowl is their crunchies, and I bought a new oblong larger bowl for wet food (kinda looks like a miniature feeding trough) ROFL.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Oh thank you for bumping this up as I was one who missed it the first time.

Look at those 3 beauties. My you have done a wonderful job with them.

I loved all the pictures, but the last one is just too darn adorable.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Aww they are all so adorable! I can't believe the color of them, Sabrina, Sassy, and Josh all have such unique colors!

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

They are all just so beautiful!
    I love the group photo of them, they are so cute together.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

How completely ADORABLE are they???? I would think you would get a lot of interest in Josh because people love the white kitties. I fully understand why you are being so picky and as a HUGE foster failure I also understand why you still have them.

You'll know if the right people come along. Good Luck but until then...have fun with those cuties!