Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lawsuits??

Lawsuits??

instead of asking what it means, anyone of you have had experiences or ever went through this? I'd like to know more about it, how it works, its progresses, etc.

if you feel uneasy posting something personal here, you certainly can PM me.
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

I'm going through one now. There are different kinds.
    Suing my mom's nursing home was harder due to teeny intricate reasons. My present lawsuit is a civil case (wrist nearly bitten off.) He was already found and pleaded guilty in the criminal case.
    You have to find a lawyer who specializes. I don't know if this helps, but it is a long drawn out ordeal and very stressful. Get doctor/hospital records, keep a diary for yourself, keep receipts. IS this the info you wanted? You can PM me.

I've been Boooo'd!

Right now i'm having to take my exhusband to court to get the house out of my name. I guess that is considered a lawsuit.

It has gone pretty smooth and pretty easy for now i guess.

Not that i haven't bothered *one paticular lawyer* with a lot of questions though....
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

I am in the early stages of litigation. My attorney said it could last six months and cost $10,000 in legal fees. Obviously I am hoping for a speedy resolution. Sometimes an attorney will take a case on a contingency basis. In other words you only pay them if you win. Not so in mine unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by gina's ark inc.
    instead of asking what it means, anyone of you have had experiences or ever went through this? I'd like to know more about it, how it works, its progresses, etc.

if you feel uneasy posting something personal here, you certainly can PM me.
    I am a Legal Secretary in IReland - on my lunch right now - I can tell you that each case over here is different but they all come under the heading of Litigation.

You can PM me if you think I might be able to help but compared to the U. S. we have a very complex Courts System over here where we have 5 Courts - District, Circuit, High, Criminal, Supreme Court - its a long drawn out process over here and each case is different as to where is belongs and our Solicitors (Lawyers) are only the first step in the process.

My boss is the appointed "State Solicitor" (District Attorney) for my County (we have an overall State Solicitors Office in Dublin) and he prosecutes cases for the Gardai (Police) and the State Departments in our County - he is also a Solicitor for everyday people in their different dealings with the Law as in buying and selling property, civil and personal litigation.

Hope I can help if not does not matter - heading back to work now - will check in later on my tea break
    jackmilliesmom

Thanks to Michelle (Kittycats_Delight) for my wonderful
    cheerful and special signature and avatar!!!!!!

**I'VE BEEN FROSTED**

Jackmilliesmom is very skilled in legal matters. She helped me with something a while back. Pm her- she is very helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by borzoimom
    Jackmilliesmom is very skilled in legal matters. She helped me with something a while back. Pm her- she is very helpful!
    I am not that skilled (but thanks for the boost) but if I can help I will - If I can't i won't
    jackmilliesmom

**I'VE BEEN FROSTED**

you underestimate your abilities jackmilliesmom- you sure did help me!

hmm.. just a first wonder, is lawsuit free sometimes??

I'm, well, may go through one too. the question my lawyer asked me if I want a lawsuit... I mean, I have a choice here. a lawsuit which has the potential to shut down the place where they handled the situation (me) inappropriately. he said, that in most situations like this would be the basis for a lawsuit.

I don't think I'd really want that ... I mean, what else can I get from lawsuit? what I understand my lawyer is going to do, send a letter to educate them proper accommodations and obligations, also offer a required training for them, it's just also not enough for me. if there's no lawsuit I can pursue, I'd go for civil (personal injury) case, like k9karen, but isn't it the same? I'm not sure why I'm uncertain about this case and wanted your experiences/opinions to think about.

I'll PM when I have uncomfortable questions, thank you all.

If a lawyer is sure they will win, and they know the loser has to pay the fees, they will take your case no money down.. They know the other guy will pay..
    Pm me what the problem is .. Maybe I can help..

a clarification ...

money isn't what I'm worried about, my lawyer mentioned nothing about it.

I'm thinking about justice. takes money or not, what they did was not right, my dog could have been killed if I didn't do something.

and I could have been killed too.

then in my opinion go for it... get your lawyer to go and get them and put them in their place you can sue as far as I am aware without getting them shut down but maybe temporarily closed for them to undergo further training....

Go get them girl and make them do the right thing by you your dog and others being treated/served by them...........

Quote Originally Posted by gina's ark inc.
    money isn't what I'm worried about, my lawyer mentioned nothing about it.

I'm thinking about justice. takes money or not, what they did was not right, my dog could have been killed if I didn't do something.

and I could have been killed too.
    jackmilliesmom

**I'VE BEEN FROSTED**

I worked as a paralegal for over 12 years. Know lots about personal injury litigation. Every state has different laws though, so you'll need to check them. Also, the statute of limitations on bringing a lawsuit against someone is 2 years.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

moosmom, what they did was nationally illegal.

..so, there's nothing between a small package of letter & training and shut down the whole place??

I have another two legal cases to deal with too, and would appreciate hear some more experiences, not all information about laws, rights, etc. I know I'm looking for a help but don't know what kind of help I need.. supports and encouragments maybe?

I hate to say this, I've swore this will be my last thread. plus, with all things going on here too, I'm just not so happy anymore and I pray I die somehow everyday. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired, fighting what's for good all the time.

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    I'm a litigation paralegal working on civil litigation cases - mainly state court (California) cases; with some federal work. Each court is different. If you're looking to file a federal lawsuit, it will cost money. You will at least be responsible for filing fees. Some attorneys work on contingency - i.e., the losing side pays and your attorney gets a share of the winnings. Even small claims cases are not free - there is always a filing fee. Some courts do have a process where you can claim you're a pauper and can't afford to pay. It's different in each jurisdiction.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10