Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I was in a car accident Sunday.

I was in a car accident Sunday.

I really wasn’t going to post about this but I have been having nightmares and can’t get it out of my head.

I was driving around a really sharp curve when my passengers’ coffee cup which was in the cup holder flew and went around my brake and accelerator (mind you I was not going very fast). I ended up freaking out and going right in the ditch, the ditch being very huge and you could hardly see my van buried in the ditch. I completely learned my lesson of how to handle that. I feel really blessed that no one got hurt except for a couple bruise. I’m happy to say that I put Zoey in her crate because I went shopping before that including really heavy products. Anyway probably a pointless thread but I feel much better.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Well, I'm glad you and Zoey are alright. That is the most important thing, isn't it? This is not a pointless thread. Happy you feel better now. Please be careful, we want to keep you in one piece!

Hugs,
    Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

its not pointless at all, Im glad you are ok sometimes its better to talk about things like this rather than going over it in your head again and again

This is not pointless.Thank God you and Zoey are ok.(((HUGS)))
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

No, That's not a pointless"thread"!!!!

We're soooo thank-ful that you're alright and that Zoey is too!!!!

I sure do hope that your nightmares subside~ Perhaps some "Sleepy Time Tea" at bedtime, or, keeping a scent of Lavender near your pillow ,will help calm your nerves at bedtime.

{{{{HUGS}}}}} To Both of You!!!!!!!
    Rest in Peace Corinna~ Well Never Forget You~

I"VE BEEN FROSTED

Flatcoatluvr,

I'm glad you AND Zoey weren't hurt, that is what's most important. A car can be replaced. I hope the damage wasn't too bad.

Just remember, when you're involved in an accident, it can take up to 48 hours before you feel the effects from it. Take care of yourself and if you start feeling badly, please see a doctor or go to the ER to get checked out.

((((HUGS))))

Donna

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Thanks everyone,

It's funny you mention that Donna, I woke up this mourning and I am having sevure back pain and having a difficulty standing up. I probally should call my mom and tell her.

Dorothy- I might have to just borrow some lavender from my grandma, does that help you get to sleep? I have always had a problem with getting to sleep, and now that I go to sleep I have nightmares of me all bloody and looking up like I was when I was in the ditch. It feels so real. I hope the dreams will end soon.

There was not much damage done, just some broken parts on the outside of the van, I am not sure about the bottom of the van.
    T.j (english setter)

Not pointless at all.. You don't get into a accident every day... It is a MAJOR even in a persons life..

I am glad no one was hurt!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

That's so scary, Bre! I'm glad nobody was hurt.
    I know how awful it is not to be able to sleep at night... I really hope it will end soon, and you'll be able to sleep peacefully again.. (((((hugs)))))
    Lola, the mutt, 2 years old

Anita, the dachshund, 7 years old

Breanna,

I would at least go and have an x-ray to rule out any fractures, sprains, etc. You could have something as simple as a pulled muscle to something as serious as a ruptured disk. Don't take it lightly.

I use Lavender on my sheets when I change them. It smells WONDERFUL!! Puts me right out. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Im so glad everything is ok and no one got hurt.

It's good you posted about it, it can reliefe stress.

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    Breanna,

I would at least go and have an x-ray to rule out any fractures, sprains, etc. You could have something as simple as a pulled muscle to something as serious as a ruptured disk. Don't take it lightly.
    My mom made a appointment. I hope it's nothing to seris, this friday I have to do a job shadow with our animal control for my class.
    T.j (english setter)

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers that it's nothing more than one big body bruise.

Good thoughts for you when you go to the doctors!

I'm glad you and Zoey weren't seriously hurt. I remember my first car accident like it was yesterday.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I'm so glad that you and Zoey were not seriously injured. Keep us updated on how the appointment goes. I'll keep you in my thoughts!

I know it can be easy to panic when your driving and that happens. When my dad was teaching me how to drive a dog started running and almost came in front of the car. I completely froze, good thing my dad was there!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*