Thread: EMERGENCY HELP!!please read!!

EMERGENCY HELP!!please read!!

Hi everyone i'm new to this site, but what brought me here was, i noticed that my cat(female)was having trouble urinating. and i was really concerned as to why nothing but a little droplet was trying to come out, she tried the litter box about 3 times in about 8 minutes. I'm a college student so she lives with my parents and my mother hasn't noticed anything, so i don't know how long this has been happening. She seems to be fine otherwise. Shes not moaning or meowing anymore than normal. but i did look down between her legs and theres a small balding patch with small sores and a small scratch, i was thinkin maybe she's been licking there alot.She's been catching alot of moles,mice and birds this ummer i that has anything to do with it. She's about 10 years old, she was my first kitty when i was eight and I'm really concerned for my cat. i don't want to take her to the vet until i'm sure that theres something wrong with her, because we can't afford it, if she turns out to be fine. any advice or concerns THANKS!- Chelsea!

Urininary Tract Infection... She needs to be seen by a vet ASAP.
    Multiple trips to litter box + droplets = UTI
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Yes - get her to a vet.

Getting a urine sample is not the most expensive procedure at the vet's. Also, if she has crystals, they can often be treated just by changing her diet.

It sounds like she is blocked. PLEASE get her to a vet ASAP before she blocks totally - that can be fatal!

Also, your vet might well make payment arrangements so you don't have to pay all at once. Ask.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Yes you need to get her ASAP to a vet, it is very important, my Lexie had one a few months ago, and was put on antibiotics and was fine, you have to be aware they can have crystals and that can be more serious , and as your kitty is older you need to keep a good eye on her well-being, also if you or your mother has ever experienced a UTI, it is extremely painful, no different for a kitty, so please don't hesitate and get her there promptly, good luck.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Echoing what was said. It sounds like UTI. Please take her to the vet and get her on medicine, it is quite painful but fairly easy to treat. Also, older cats get this fairly easy, because of their kidneys. BUT all cats can get this and often do. Hope this helps, Katie and kitties.

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

Any news on the kitty?? Great advice guys.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I'm thinking of changing my sign in name to 'please just call your vet'.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

I'm thinking of changing my sign in name to 'please just call your vet'
    ROFLMAO!! May I ask what kind of cat Dusty is?? He/she is beautiful. Scottish Fold??

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    ROFLMAO!! May I ask what kind of cat Dusty is?? He/she is beautiful. Scottish Fold??

All of my kitties were strays/drop offs, but I have researched each of them thouroghly, and best I can tell, and the vet agrees, is that Dusty is a Scottish Fold mix. You can see all the kittes and more pix and info on them on their own website. Thanks for asking about Dusty, she says 'thank you for the compliment' by meowing of course. lol

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

All your cats are quite stunning. I used to have an American Curl that I adored. All my cats are also rescues and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    All your cats are quite stunning. I used to have an American Curl that I adored. All my cats are also rescues and I wouldn't have it any other way.
    Thank you!

I've often joked that if I wanted another cat all I'd have to do is put a bowl of food outside and take my pick. lol In addition to these cats, I have also rescued 2 others in my back yard as well. Dusty would not tolerate either one of them, however both Tigger and Fussy now have very good homes though!

I can't save every cat out there , but I do what I can .
    Last edited by Catlady711; 09-25-2006 at 05:03 PM.

both Tigger and Fussy now have very good homes though!

I can't save every cat out there, but I do what I can
    Great job!! Good way of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by chel_chi14
    Hi everyone i'm new to this site, but what brought me here was, i noticed that my cat(female)was having trouble urinating. and i was really concerned as to why nothing but a little droplet was trying to come out, she tried the litter box about 3 times in about 8 minutes. I'm a college student so she lives with my parents and my mother hasn't noticed anything, so i don't know how long this has been happening. She seems to be fine otherwise. Shes not moaning or meowing anymore than normal. but i did look down between her legs and theres a small balding patch with small sores and a small scratch, i was thinkin maybe she's been licking there alot.She's been catching alot of moles,mice and birds this ummer i that has anything to do with it. She's about 10 years old, she was my first kitty when i was eight and I'm really concerned for my cat. i don't want to take her to the vet until i'm sure that theres something wrong with her, because we can't afford it, if she turns out to be fine. any advice or concerns THANKS!- Chelsea!
    How is your kitty?

Quote Originally Posted by mayabress
    For any pet health questions - there's a good site where you can be adviced: www.cosmic1.net.

I checked out that link about the wormer, I have a few problems with it...

1) According to it's own website 'A new revolutionary wormer' however under the ingredients area it says 'a known deworming medicine'. This seems contradictory to me

2) For both the dewormer and the food it only states it was made by 'top manufacturers who meet the highest standards'. No where does it list the actual companies involved. I'd be skeptical of a product hiding this information if they are such 'top manufacturers'. Also who's highest standards? What authorities approved this? Who is the veterinarian who helped formulate this stuff and is he still practicing? Any reliable company should be willing to put this information up front to back their 'claims'.

3) According to their own website 'The ingredients are specified on the package'. So in otherwords they want your money before you get to find out exactly what you are paying for.

4) I'd be leary of feeding any pet a food with such limited information as this one gives.

5) The website states it gets 'all kinda of worms', however does not list them by name the ones it 'claims' to 'get'. There is NO SUCH THING as a deworming medicing that gets all the different kinds of worms/parasites that your pet can have (rounds, whips, hooks, tapes, coccidia, etc). And some worms/parasites can ONLY be found by a fecal examination under a microscope!

6) It's never a good idea to just randomly medicate your pet without having had a diagnosis first by a licensed vet! Giving pets medications for possibly the wrong illness can possibly cause further complications with what is really going on, AND make your vets job harder by having to deal with any medication you've used (that may/may not work) that may react with what your vet would like to use that will work.

Honestly not only would I not feed this to any of my pets, but I would never recommend it to anyone in good concious either.

If they are that sketchy on information on their food/wormer, I'd seriously question any other 'adviced' they'd have.