View Poll Results: What do you think of Global Warming?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want to help and think it is terrible!

23 71.88%
  • I don't think it is anything to worry about

7 21.88%
  • What is it?

2 6.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of global warming?

What do you think of global warming?

I absolutely hate it. I totally wish more was done about it but there isn't. Did you know that 1 humongous solar panel in the mojave desert could supply the whole earth with power???? Think of the possibilities if we would only get together and try to turn things around. Use our heads. Just think!

I hate global warming and think more things need done to provent it.

I too think that we must stop pumping all those horrible gases and pollutants into our atmosphere. There are so many other ways to get energy which are clean and renewable.

Although I must say, the greenhouses gases are speeding up a change that probably would happen anyway, but at a much slower rate. For billions of years, our earth has increased in temperature gradually before plummetting into the next ige age. I think that our planet is heating up anyway, but these unnatural circumstances are causing it to happen much too quickly.

Zimbabwe 07/13

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Z
    I too think that we must stop pumping all those horrible gases and pollutants into our atmosphere. There are so many other ways to get energy which are clean and renewable.

Although I must say, the greenhouses gases are speeding up a change that probably would happen anyway, but at a much slower rate. For billions of years, our earth has increased in temperature gradually before plummetting into the next ige age. I think that our planet is heating up anyway, but these unnatural circumstances are causing it to happen much too quickly.
    My point exactly. Very well put. we also need too educate more people. not enough people know about it.

i don't know too much about it, but it definatly is kind of freaky to think that it is getting worse. i heard that where i live we are suppose to have the hottest summer in recorded history this year. i wouldn't doubt it! it's already getting into the 90's!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

It is hot here too. This past winter we got no snow a flurry or two but that is it. This summer it is already into the 90's here two. It is scary though. Think of what would happen to all the animals who can't handle the heat . I just wish more people cared. Ignorance makes me so mad!!!!!

We've had winters with no snow and summers with no rain. I hate it. I feel worse for farmers. Most of the main crops in WI need lots of water. We had a good two weeks of constant sprinkling in the beginning of May but we didn't get enough actual water. Its been in the 90's too here.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Oh yeah we are 2-4 inches below normal for rain fall!!!! The grass is dry and brown. Luckily last night and just a few min. ago there was a thundershower. It didn't bring much but it did bring some.

there's a girl at my school who denies it's even happening!

Niņo & Eliza

Quote Originally Posted by Suki Wingy
    there's a girl at my school who denies it's even happening!
    uuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhh Ignorance makes me so mad!!!!!!! I will find some links to sites that have more info on it

Doesn't seem to be unusual weather here in London, Ontario this year. I summers are always SCORCHING and VERY humid. Our winters are always VERY COLD and lots of snow. Our very first snowfall this year brought over two feet of snow. We had snow until the end of March.

I say they just bring out that stupid hydrogen powered car that we all know they have already invented. Sell it for an affordable price. There's one problem eliminated. I mean come on if they can make an M-1 Tank run off of vegetable oil we can make cars run on water.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by shihtzulover850
    uuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhh Ignorance makes me so mad!!!!!!! I will find some links to sites that have more info on it
    She also believes that giving blood and getting tattoos it is really easy to get infections and diseases and she wont listen to anything we tell her

Niņo & Eliza

More should have been done years ago goverments and retards only care about money these days and being in the lead what these ppl realy need to be thinking about is getting that polution and gases DOWN not egnoring it.

It makes me wanna slap those ppl right in the face and say wake up and smell the DAM polution!!!!

A beach that I go to every year its HUGE is actualy suposed to be flooded in 5 YEARS now thats scary for all the ppl who live there I dont even wanna go swimming any more I wanna move on the highest cliff possible so the water does not drown me from melting ice bergs.

Im shur if the HOLE city got together and stoped sleeping in reality and started voting and yelling at the goverments and factories maybe then somthen would be ******** DONE!!

I'm not the one to ask about global warming, but I think it's a huge problem for people,animals,and the envirorment. It causes alot of problems and they are really begginning to show in my area. We've had pretty much a five year drout here thanks to these problems. In NJ, *I heard* we have to have many of our crops transported from other states because of this drout. I mean I would like food from my own state rather from a different place. Many crops in my area aren't doing well at all and it's a sad thing. Many places used to buy our crops and now they don't(and can't) because of globabl warming. I even heard they may have to change the whole water system in my down beacause our water source is drying up. I hope that's not true!

Below are some links you might want to visit:

http://www.climatehotmap.org/namerica.html

This one is on biofuels:
    http://www.popularmechanics.com/scie...h/2690341.html

And this one is on global warming itself:

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/global-warming.htm

Be informed these are long articles. But very interesting and informative