Page 1 of 27 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Support Group

Support Group

Hello everyone, and welcome to the very first meeting of Pet Talk Anonymous. Today you will be introducing your selves and how and when (You can find the when in your public profile, it will tell you the date you regesterd) you got addicted to Pet talk.

Hello Group, My name is Ashley and I will be your Therapist and Councler. I got addicted To Pet Talk in April 2002. I'm not sure how I got addicted, it just sucked me in and I havn't left yet.

Please don't be shy group, we all are addicted here and we don't judge. Please feel free to Introduce yourself.

Your Councler and Therapist,
    Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Hi,
    My name is Amber and, I joined PT in july 2003. I got addictied from all these cute pets! I have 3 pets. I have 1 dog, named Katie. ! cat, named maggie. and 1 dwarf hamster named Gracie.

Hi I'm Shannon. i joined on July 4 2002. i have one rabbit. i reacenltyhad to say good bye to my two guinea pigs, Cheeky and Friend.

::whole group says:: Hi Shannon and Amber.

Hey Shannon, can you deleate all of those post but one, you just have to go to edit and click the Deleate Post button, thanx a bunch!

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

hi.. im amber too.. I joined pettalk in Febuary of 2003.. I got addicted -cries- ITS TOO HARD DOC!!

im trying to make it more.. actiony

::Hi Amber, Amber and Shannon::

*stands up*

Hi my name is Liana. I joined Pet Talk last summer and thought I would only join to ask a few questions and share some pictures of my very first dog. Seeing so many other pets and being able to learn about different breeds and things sucked me into this little spot on the net. I know I need help, but do I want it?

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Hello, my handle is Slick, but my real name is Vickie and I'm a Pet Talkaholic
    Before I registered, it started off with just viewing the Pets of the day. I did not have a computer at home so when I got to work, the first thing I would do is check out the Cat of the Day. Soon, I found myself looking at the COTD several times a day, then it was the DOTD and the POTD. In December 2002 I was too weak to fight it. I signed up and that was the beginning of my addiction. Every day I would wake up early and race to work just to log in. On weekends, I would find an excuse to work overtime and spend my time on Pet Talk.

Recently, the addiction has taken over my life. I eat, sleep, and dream of Pet Talk members and their pets. When I was on holidays from work, my hands started shaking because of PT withdrawal. I knew I needed help. So I brought home a computer and signed up for Internet. Now I can feed my addiction any time, day or night. I've stopped drinking so I would have the extra $30.00 per month to pay for internet access.

Even if there was a 12-step program I'm not sure it would work for me. Would I even want to stop now???
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Hi everyone. *waves* My name is Julie. I joined Pet Talk in March of 2003, and I'm addicted.

*pats amber on the back* There, there...it's okay. No matter how hard you try, you can't break the habit..

Okay ill try again.. Thanks julie..

*stand up on soap box*

Okay.. My name is Amber and i became aware of pettalk in January of 2003.. I actually joined pettalk in The beginning of Febuary.. I am a Full time pettalk addict.. Look under my name.. Its sad.. I dont have a problem, do i? I became addicted, when i would come on everyday, skip the pet of the day, cat of the day and dog of the day to read new topics.. And then one day, I realized, i was a pillar! (im almost a double pillar)

So yes.. I am an addict..

WITHOUT A PROBLEM! *hears someone cheer-- YOU go SISTA!*

Ahem.. Thank you..

*Steps off soap box -Trips-*

Originally posted by CamCamPup33
    *Steps off soap box -Trips-*
    *laughs*

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Hi everyone.

My name is Megan and I became a PetTalk addict in August of 2002. I post all the time; I cannot stop. I'm addicted, I can't help it... God help me... *breaks down crying*

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Originally posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl
    *breaks down crying*
    -pats back-

I know.. i did it too.. Let it alllll out.. its ok...

I-I-I just started, posting once or twice, then I kinda forgot a-a-about it, then when I came back, I just couldn't stttttttttttttttttop!

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Originally posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl
    *breaks down crying*
    Megan, it's OK to cry. It's all part of healing. Just let it out. We are here for you. ****tears in my eyes too****
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Hi my name is Kelsey. I joined March 18 2003. I've been here 8 months and I am so addicted. I came here to get some information on Budgies and I only thought I would post a couple of times and I couldn't stop. I have 5 pets, 2 birds, 2 dogs, and a veiled chameleon. I am an addict and it's getting worse. Oh someone help me! *starts crying*

~*~Thanks Liana For The AWESOME sig!~*~

Tweety_Pie

~*~Kelsey~*~