Thread: why do cats do this

why do cats do this

when cats jump on your bed why do they knead the covers when i say knead i mean use there paws and walk in place on the covers with there front paws??

Kittens do that with the mommy cat's belly to stimulate the milk production of her mammal glands. Later, in their adult's live, they would often do that when they are on a soft surface, like a bed, and I guess it's bringing back the memory of being comforted and being cared for.

Kirsten

I loved it when my cats did that... think of it as a sign of affection. Or making biscuits....

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

They are HAPPY!

Kirsten , I think is correct , when she says that is an thing they used to do , when they were Kittens , not only to get milk , but to hear thier Mommy Purr for them , assuring them , all all was right in thier Kitten World!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Bonnie does that to my tum when we're lounging on the sofa, makes me feel special Not so nice when she tries it on your head when sleeping

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    We call it "tenderizing" at our house.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I've always called it paddling. Actually, my little old dog, Bruno, (rest in peace little man) used to do it all the time with his favorite blankie. He would hold a part of the blanket in his mouth between his front paws, and, while paddling, he would suck on the blanket. It was so cute. One of those little things I miss the most! My cat, Lock, doesn't really do it often. But, my RB cat, Justin, used to do it all the time on your face or arm or any other exposed skin, and, before we got his front claws removed, it just wasn't that much fun for the person in the skin.

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

every one is right. They do it when they are happy, but its mostly a sign of kitty love. My kittens do it all thee time and i absolutely loooooooooooove it

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Both my kitties do this - we call it "muffing" in our house as my RB Goldie and now Mishi like to do it on Muffy the teddy bear. Mitzi likes to "muff" on my chest or my tummy. I absolutely love it when she does this. A sign of pure kitty love! I always feel so honored when they do this.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10