View Poll Results: How do you view change?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Exciting - keeps me on my toes

5 11.11%
  • Progress - we need change to grow

8 17.78%
  • Fun - I love to learn new things

5 11.11%
  • Good - it keeps life flowing

5 11.11%
  • Confusing - where do I go, what do I do?

9 20.00%
  • Scary - will I adapt?

8 17.78%
  • Terrifying - I need things to remain constant

2 4.44%
  • Neutral - its a necessary part of life

1 2.22%
  • I never thought about it

1 2.22%
  • Other- Please specify

1 2.22%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change is good

Change is good

I see that everyone has a different reaction to the new board, and its mostly about the way they personally handle change.

I'm curious about how everyone sees change -- is it good? Bad? Utterly terrifying? Does it depend on WHAT it is, or just the fact that its change in general?

ME? I try to accept change and see what makes it better, but sometimes I resist change.

Quote Originally Posted by catnapper
    I Utterly terrifying? .

Yes.

I hate changes.

I voted for progress. I love the new board!

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Kim I am a real stick in the mud, i HATE change, I am just a person who loves her boring routine, infact change can quite upset me at times, however I think when change is forced on me whatever it might be, I soon become accustomed to it and just go with the flow, so far the new changes are good, I just find the page rather wide for my 17 inch screen anyone else finding that?
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I voted for scary, i learn to adpt, but its always scary first
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Progress - we need change to grow

I agree with this 100%

"Old dogs are like old shoes: they are comfortable. They may be a bit
    out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well."
    NEW ADDITION: 6 lovely Rhode Island Reds!

I find it confusing- especially when it comes to computer stuff
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Carol, go to the bottom blue band and click the button on the far left, that will change the width on your screen.

I understand not wanting to change. I myself have had the same hairstyle for many years (hey if it works! ) but for the most part I try to accept new things. Not ot say I'm always into the new and improved stuff. I'm just willing ot try to give it a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by neko1
    I find it confusing- especially when it comes to computer stuff
    YEAH SAME HERE!
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Ah Thanks Kim, that is way better now. see ya learn something new every day.
    I also voted scarey but will adapt, I see the majority of people feel as I do.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I'm afraid I voted for "terrifying"! I hate change and do not adapt well at all to change. I get all bent out of shape at any little change in my routine or my life in general. It can make life boring at times though, I wish I could adapt to change more easily.

Quote Originally Posted by carole
    Kim I am a real stick in the mud, i HATE change, I am just a person who loves her boring routine, infact change can quite upset me at times, however I think when change is forced on me whatever it might be, I soon become accustomed to it and just go with the flow,
    OMG, did I write this? I agree with you completely Carole, that is pretty much me too.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I love change. When I was thirteen and my family and I moved overseas, I was scared to death. I didn't eat, I was sick, I was miserable...the typical teenager crap. But, once I moved, I realized how cool it could be. I made friends, and, grew to realize who my real friends were back home in South Carolina. I also moved again shortly after that, and, hated leaving. But, then I made new friends and realized who my true friends were in that place. Moved again, same thing. I always was saddened by moving, but, happy to meet new people and make new friends. Now, I have a handful of incredibly amazing, true friends. I know they are, because they've stuck around and have kept up with my life. I think it's good to leave the nest like that, and, try new things out. It's sometimes hard to tell where you're supposed to be, if you don't go other places. I'm glad to be back home, I know that. But, even now, I don't know if I'm done moving. But, if I move again, it will be 100% by choice, and, not because I have to. Anyway...change can be very scary at first...and, sad sometimes. But, I like it. I eat something different at restaurants every time I go...simply because as a kid, I would only eat four or five things altogether. I missed out on a lot being shy and close minded and picky. I still don't eat spicy food, but, for the most part, I'll try almost anything once.

I think the new board is nifty. Strange on the eyes, mine are still adjusting...but, I think it will definitely appeal to new members, as it is certainly an upgrade. I say, well done!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

PROGRESS! We need to change with the times and grow.... and I do see we have a lot of new people here so we are growing.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I like change most of the time. Change for the sake of improvement is always good, I think!

I, too, used to try different things each time I went to a restaurant, but now that I have such strange food allergies, I have fewer choices, so pretty much just rotate between the "safe" items. Sigh.