Thread: Persistance Paid Off!!

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?

Persistance Paid Off!!

GRRRRR!!!! FINALLY after five days of back & forth driving, climbing stone walls etc. I outsmarted mama & her third kitten!!! Mom cat had moved her kitten out of the jungle and into a yard across the street. I watched her this AM as she had a leisurely breakfast, and then strolled off to her baby. I got the trap set with a rope to control the door, and snuck into the yard to find mama and baby. First spot was no one, behind the shed, no one there either...they were on the side of the shed (probably trying to escape the stench of 3 decomposing rats). It didn't go as I planned it, but I eventually netted the kitten behind another shed in the next yard over. Mama was as lazy and carefree as ever. I have to settle them in somewhere....*sigh*. The other two kittens I trapped 3 days ago, and they are doing so well despite the fact they're close to four months. The tortie I thought would be a tough cookie to socialize, but she's a sweetie already! Leans in for scritches, and almost does elevator butt! Cute family...and I'm glad that ordeal is finally over! Yeah, yeah...pictures at some point.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Re: Persistance Paid Off!!

I wish I lived near you so I could assist with your adventures.

Grace, I wish you did too! So many cats....so little time *sigh*. Sure wish I could clone me. One me to stay home and clean house, one to work, one to trap...one to sit on the couch and eat bon-bons....
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

Great going Jan:

If they had all us PT'ers living in one town, there would be no need for rescues or shelters after awhile.. Wish I could help you too, you DO need help...BAD!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Great job, Jan!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Originally posted by Laura's Babies
    If they had all us PT'ers living in one town, there would be no need for rescues or shelters after awhile.. Wish I could help you too, you DO need help...BAD!
    That would be a dream come true Laura.

Another fabulous job Jan. Congratulations.
    Can't wait to see pics of these little ones.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Jan you never ever cease to amaze me! I don't know how in the world you do it all but if it means anything I'm so grateful that you do!! You are a one woman rescue organization!!! God Bless you for all the wonderful wonderful work you do!!! I know there has to be a special place for you in Heaven!!!

I'm mighty pooped out, and would just love to sleep in tomorrow, but cat sitting jobs await. I took several pictures of todays catch (there were more) but probably won't put them here for a few days. Monday brings the scramble of trying to find other foster homes willing to share the wealth here. Sure wish there was a Pet Talk village all for us! Just think...no feral kittens to run around trapping! I did on a bright note, took the five kittens from the flea infested home (if one can call it that) and they went to the shelter. The door never stops revolving here lol!
    Author Unknown ~*~

jan will have to post

how the remainder of the fourth of July went for us both here on the North Shore of Boston! It ended with an injured Albatross! (sp?) It's 1am here or i'd tell- still need to settle in new kitten Ali... Happy 4th everyone!
    pixie

Re: jan will have to post

Originally posted by leslie flenner
    how the remainder of the fourth of July went for us both here on the North Shore of Boston! It ended with an injured Albatross! (sp?) It's 1am here or i'd tell- still need to settle in new kitten Ali... Happy 4th everyone!
    BLACK BACKED GULL Leslie....not an albatross LOL!
    Author Unknown ~*~

Re : tropical albatross with 14 foot wing span...

Yeah, ok. Are you still sleep deprived? You think I think we got us one broken winged albatross last night...? I know that you know that I know it was not! Remember, I said, "Call her up (the friend who left Jan a message at 8:30pm last night saying it looked like an injured albatross in the Citizens bank parking lot earlier that day) and ask which Citizens bank in what part of Mexico- could she be more specific?" And you called her and said in a spanish accent, "Would that be a native albatross or a Portugese albotross?" And we giggled for hours about how an albatross could possibly find it's poor way to North Shore of Boston...(I'm still giggling inside- still over-tired I guess!)
    When you get a chance- post Gulliver's pics! I know you will- being pushy as usual! Push, prod, poke, wake up!!!
    pixie

Great Job,Jan, and hopefully I will have Karen,the Calico,in the Hotel, Today,and out of danger!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I sure hope you get Karen in, and out of danger Gary! It's so much easier having cats deliver kittens inside, rather than chase them around when they get older. Keep us posted Jan
    Author Unknown ~*~