Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tucker needs your prayers...

Tucker needs your prayers...

I just wanted to fill you guys in here...but it's going to be quick and pretty much to the point. Like I said, I just want to let you all know what happened to Tucker.

Earlier this evening, the furkids, my boyfriend, and I were outside messing around in the backyard. Neither one us had noticed that the gate was open...and after about 30 minutes of playing frisbee, fetch, etc. with the dogs, Tucker suddenly took off and ran right out of the yard and into the street. He must have been chasing something, because Tucker is not one to just run off and keep going. He made it all the way through the neighborhood and came out onto the busy road in front of our development.

Anyway...we tracked him the best we could (my mom hopped in the car and tried to find him). By the time I got to the front of the development...it was too late. Tucker was lying on the side of the road...his body dotted with blood, and completely motionless. After getting closer, we realized he was definitely conscious (plenty of whines and slight moving of his ears)...but obviously in a lot of pain.

To make a long story short, we got him to the vet "just in time." He has several deep wounds, and broke his right hindleg. He looks awful...the poor guy is shaved in plenty of places, has his leg "casted," and has enough gauze on his body to soak up a bathtub. He seems to be in pretty high spirits considering all the trauma, but certainly isn't himself...understandably so. He'll be at the vet's office overnight under careful supervision, but we will be able to pick him up in the afternoon...even though we'll probably go there early in the morning and just hang around him until we can bring him home.

The whole thing happened at about 4:30pm...and we just got home about 15 minutes ago (about 9:10pm). It's been a long day...and even Kodak, Scout, and Laney seem to be a little distraught. They know something's up, and Scout has been attached to my hip since I got home.

Please send Tucker your prayers and plenty of good vibes, he'll need everything he can get on his long road to recovery.

Oh poor Tucker!! I will definitely pray for him to have a quick & speedy recovery!! How terrified you all must have been. I'm glad you got him to the vet in time though! That must have been so traumatizing. I'm so glad things are going to be okay though. Give Tucker my best!!

((((HUGS)))) to you, Tucker, and Tucker's mom!! I am so glad you found him in time that you could get him to the vet. it must have been an aweful experience and i am sorry that both you and Tucker had to go through it. Please keep us updated on his progress!! I am so sorry, but so happy he is in the vets now getting the care he needs!!

Robyn

A LOT of tailwags, puppy kisses and prayers for your Tucker. So very sorry to hear that happened. It all happens so fast and only takes a few minutes. You didn't say but I hope that the people/car that hit him stopped... The most important thing is that you got to him in time. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you all till he is much better.
    All our well wishes. We're sending all our puppy strength to Tucker...........................
    Tailwags, Linda, Mr.T, Macs, and Oskar

(((HUGS))) Poor Tucker! I'm so glad you got him there in time. Please keep up updated. Prayng and hoping for a speedy recovery!

OMG!!! Poor Tucker. I'm so worried about him. Thank God you got there when you did......I'm praying for him
    Dayna, Alex, Phoebe, Cleo, Rolo, Scooter, & Holly

Thank you so much Popcornbird!

I'll keep praying for Tucker. Poor guy I hope he gets better real real soon!
    I've been BOO'd!

Poor Tucker!! I will keep him in my prayers! Hope he heals up fast!!
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

oh, the poor baby! At least you found him in time. Hey all doggies have a guardian beastie-Tucker's guardian was probably taking a wee on a lamp post-gonna have a talk with him. Come on Tucker-we're praying and rooting for you! Get better, please!!
    Artists and dogs are not meant to be understood;merely adored!!!

Tucker - get well soon sweetheart.

Keep us posted ............
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Tucker, you get well and back to your old self real soon.
    Sending you lots of good wishes that you
    will recovery fully.

----<---<--<{(@

Lots of hugs, prayers and Get Well Soon wishes to Tucker & Family.

Sending prayers your way.............get well soon, Tucker.
    Christine; Proudly owned by Honey, Licky and Mee Mee
    Mommy to Tyler! 1/13/04

Oh Poor Tucker!!!!
    Thank Dog that You got him to the vet on time!!!!

Tucker is in our prayers!!!!
    Please keep us posted!!!!!!
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

Please get better Tucker!! Were all praying for you!

Chinook- were praying for you as well, you need to be the strength for Tucker so he can get well FAST!!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome