Thread: Oddly, I Find this Story Amusing

Oddly, I Find this Story Amusing

A guard dog has ripped apart a collection of rare teddy bears, including one once owned by Elvis Presley, during a rampage at a children's museum.

"He just went berserk," said Daniel Medley, general manager of the Wookey Hole Caves near Wells, England, where hundreds of bears were chewed up Tuesday night by the 6-year-old Doberman pinscher named Barney.

Barney ripped the head off a brown stuffed bear once owned by the young Presley during the attack, leaving fluffy stuffing and bits of bears' limbs and heads on the museum floor. The bear, named Mabel, was made in 1909 by the German manufacturer Steiff.

The collection, valued at more than $900,000, included a red bear made by Farnell in 1910 and a Bobby Bruin made by Merrythought in 1936.

The bear with Elvis connections was owned by English aristocrat Benjamin Slade, who bought it at an Elvis memorabilia auction in Memphis, Tenn., and had loaned it to the museum.

"I've spoken to the bear's owner and he is not very pleased at all," Medley said.

A security guard at the museum, Greg West, said he spent several minutes chasing Barney before wrestling the dog to the ground.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethann

A security guard at the museum, Greg West, said he spent several minutes chasing Barney before wrestling the dog to the ground.
    It's this part that made me laugh the most. I could just see it as a Disney type movie sequence.

HAHAHA I mean really if the dog was tearing them up he would have had to pause slightly LOL Barney fife lol

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

He was probably bored to tears and found some great toys!
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

awww hehe bet he had a great time playing with those bears though lol. Maybe he thought those mean old bears were breaking into the store

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Thank you. I was trying to post this but we're having problems with our Internet today @ work. I'm still trying to figure out what the dog was doing in a teddy bear museum in the first place! Elvis' Bear! I hope the dog's guardian has insurance!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Does anyone else hear the strains of the 101 Dalmations? the part where they are trying to catch the pups? ROFL, I told our Dobie about this and he rolled over for belly rubs. Maybe if the guard had him under more control like oh I dunno a command for "drop it" or "give" and then a down stay? Just a thought...............................hehehehehehe hehheheheeeeeee slaughtered teddies! oh the horror!

I think he probably saw all the teddies and grabbed each one thinking it had a squeaker in it...
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

You are all sick....

OR as Elvis would sing,

Don't be cruel.........

I find it amusing too. Putting Bella on guard amidst a bunch of teddy bears would be like having an alcoholic guard a bar overnight. LOL! I think that poor dog was just so *doggone* tired of being good and just wanted to break out and be a dog for once.

Richard, I wonder if, upon seeing the carnage, they broke out with You Ain't Nothin' but a Hound Dog!

Quote Originally Posted by RedHedd
    I'm still trying to figure out what the dog was doing in a teddy bear museum in the first place!
    They actually hired the dog to gaurd the bear! That's what makes it so funny. WHat were they thinking??

His Inner Puppy exploded! LOL - I hope no one at the museum values stuffed inanimate things more than a live Barney!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Ha ha. I found it amusing too! Along with this thread.
    Goes to show guard dogs need love & exercise too!
    Religion is a smile on a dog.

It's raining cats and dogs!!!
    SPCA HOUSTON
    HABITAT FOR HORSES
    When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.

LOL you won't believe this. We were watching the Glenn Beck show on headline news. he is on vacation so he had some guy that no body knows filling in for him. What a moron this guy was. he had a lady on the show and they were talking about this incident

and I swear to GOD the host says "well what was that dog even doing there. it's a teddy bear museum. there are kids there. He went after the bears whats next one of the kids?"

The lady on the show was like "uhhh... right. Ok so I should be going now" lol

I couldn't believe that.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com