Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doris 1990-2010

Doris 1990-2010

Today our family cat Doris crossed to the bridge. She was 19 years, 9 months, just a few months short of her 20th birthday.
    We had Doris as a kitten in 1990, I was 11 years old. We grew up together, she was my childhood best friend, I am now 31 and married, and Doris saw everything in my life from a young age.
    She had deteriorated in the last few months, she visited the vets in December and was doing okay other than age related ailments. However since then she had started to change, and become weaker and withdrawn. The vet said that she was anaemic, and her liver wasn't functioning well. We could have had blood tests to test kidney function but there wouldn't have been anything they could really do owing to her advanced age.
    She only lost 2 of her lives! She had a broken tail and a broken foot, and other than that was always healthy and had an immensely strong heart, strong as an ox to the end in fact.
    We are all devastated at losing her, even though it is wonderful that she lived such a full long life, we will all miss her more than words could say. It will take a long time to realise that she's not there anymore.
    She was the most friendly, sweet, placid and affectionate cat we could've hoped for. She was wonderful and we were so lucky to have had her in our lives for so long.

I love you Doris, I will miss you always, think about you every day, and never ever forget you....please say hello to Jack for me when you're settled in at the bridge...until we see you again one fine day...

All my love now and always, your eternal friend
    Kate xxxxxxxx

When she was younger, between 8 & 10 years old.

Taken in summer 2009, the last pictures taken of her.

So sorry to hear of the loss of Doris.. You was such a very Adorable Lady.. RIP Doris & play hard at the Bridge..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I'm so sorry to hear that you have lost Doris. It's horribly hard at any time to lose a pet, but Doris had been around for such a long time! She looks such a sweet girl in her photos. Condolences to all who knew and loved Doris.

Rest in peace sweetheart. You were immensely loved.

When people told me after my Pidge went to the Bridge that she lived a good, long life (20 1/2 years), I'd tell them "Yes, that's the point. I've seen that sweet face for all those years. How am I going to get through the day now?" We must comfort ourselves w/the first sentiment, however, but we definitely feel your pain, especially those of us who have had our dear furkids for so long. RIP, sweet Doris and peace to your humans.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I'm so sorry about your friend Doris. She was a beautiful girl and I know she'll be sadly missed. RIP, sweet Doris, and peace to your family.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Doris was a sweet girl, and such a long standing member of the family for so long. I know she will be sorely missed. She will wait for you. RIP, beauty.

Rest in peace, ebony beauty
    Your fur that shone like a night-dark sky
    Your golden eyes brighter than the moon
    For almost 20 years you gave your love
    Your purrs, your fur, your feline wisdom
    To your family and to the world.
    And your wisdom, and your love
    Now firmly implanted in the hearts of all who know you
    Will live on, live on forever.
    Find a sunny spot up there at the Rainbow Bridge,
    And from there send your purring love each night
    When darkness falls, and they close their eyes
    Let them feel your soft love washing over them
    As you guard them from on high.
    I've Been Frosted

Through my tears, I am writing this... I am so sorry for the loss of Doris. She was a beautiful girl.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

RIP Doris. It sounds like you lived a fun, adventurous long life and now you can play hard and run free at the bridge.

Doris was a beautiful cat. I'm so sorry for your loss.

RIP Doris
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Kate, I am sorry to learn of Doris' passing. She truly was another family member. Now she is healthy and happy at RB.

I heard from Speckles that Doris made the trip safely and is bathing in sunshine. She is doing just fine and her youth is restored. Have fun at the Bridge Doris.

No matter what age, it's still hurts badly especially when you grew up with her. I can only imagine how heartbroken you all must be.

{{{hugs}}}
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I'm so sorry to hear about Doris's passing. She sure was a beautiful cat. RIP sweet girl. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Sounds like Doris had the purrfect cat life- and even at 19 years she looked so youthful.
    I know she will be in your heart forever. All the best for all of her family.

RIP, pretty Doris. Your purrents had a good long time with you.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb