Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My new CH baby!

My new CH baby!

I would like to introduce CHRISTOFUR (yes, spelled like that)...

He's six months old, has a more severe case of Cerebellar Hypoplasia than Bob or Elmer.. - he cannot stand, needs help to eat and poo..

BUT (since I've been asked what kind of quality of life is that) he is able to skootch around somewhat, and he LOOOOOOVES his food! , and he PURRS when I pick him up!

He was on the road for some 24 hours to bring him to me from western Michigan, and he arrived yesterday afternoon.

Here he is shortly after his arrival.. boy, was he POOPED!

Here are a couple of pictures after he had a nap for a few hours and then some dinner (NOMNOMNOMNOMNOM!!!):

He's having a couple of days for him to settle in and get used to his new digs (and me to get used to caring for him).. then he'll see the vet and get a thorough workup to figure out just what is going on with him and what his prospects are.

So far, so good!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

God bless you CHRISTOFUR. You are a very handsome boy.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

He is adorable

Has he met any of the others yet?

What a Great Big Owesome Orangie Christophur is , and he ceratinly looks quite a bit with a very Young Michael!!
    How wonder for you to adot this very special little Cat!!!
    You truly have a Big Heart!!!
    All the Found Cats , Porch Cats and Angels are sending Hugs and Kisses!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Congrats!!! He's adorable and I hope he'll thrive in his new home.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    He is adorable

Has he met any of the others yet?
    Well, he's living in the bathtub (with lots of bedding) so far. When I'm home I leave the bathroom door open. The others have taken a look from time to time, but they don't seem to perceive him as a (territory-threatening) cat.. It's more like, oh something else weird Mom has brought home .
    Last edited by phesina; 10-24-2010 at 06:35 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Maybe he would benefit from a little cart to get around - I know it's too soon to tell, and you will know more after the vet visit. But welcome to Pet Talk, Christofur!
    I've Been Frosted

What a gorgeous boy! I hope his vet visit goes well, and that maybe he will become just a bit more able as he grows.

Bless you for taking him in!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh my goodness! Hello, Christofur, sweet orange kitty! You are beautiful!
    I will be interested to see what the vet recommends, and I know you are in very capable hands with your new meowmie! Kisses to you, precious kitty Christofur!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

OMG!! I have got LES SO bad!! He is SO darn cute and I know what it will mean to his life that you took him in!! I am so touched by this... you know what CH kitties mean to me and I know what kind of life he would have had without you...

I don't know if you watched this when I posted it before and I realize paralyzed is a whole different thing from CH... but there could be a thing or two in there that can help you figure out some ways to better take care of him..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdIBtw8_7No

Do you think he can't get around because he lived in a cage all his life or what? Queenscoopalot (Jan) taught one she had to walk by making a sling out of a T-shirt I think it was and helped hers learn to walk some like that.. If Christfour has been caged all his life, he will need to build up strength in his muscles to support himself and learn how to walk.

(That is one reason why I could never board Amy somewhere, where she would have to stay in a cage 24/7. I know she would loose her ability to walk if she couldn't get up and move around)

What kind of history does he have or do you know?

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Hello Christofur! Welcome to a PT home!

Oh Pat, bless you for caring for this sweet boy. He's so handsome, too. I always say that it's amazing what good vet care and lots of TLC can do. I'm sure he'll fit right in and be as happy as can be.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Best of luck with this new little darling!! What a sweet face he has.

Thud!!! Where was the cuteness warning? What an adorable widdle boy, Christofur is!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Oh, what a precious orangey. You are so sweet to take him in.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)