Thread: my snake is in! my snake is in!

my snake is in! my snake is in!

ok, after lots of research my mom and I decided we like Garter snakes better then Corn snakes, and we REALLY liked that Albino Checkered that someone on here has(sorry forget who it was) so we have been talking to the guy at the herp store, and after LOTS of calling around he finally found an Albino Checkered baby, so he snapped it up for me. I am going to pick him/her up on Wed. but I met it today when I went with my friends family to get a bearded dragon, and I was holding it it. he/she is sooo cute! and was winding its way around my fingers. its just an itty bitty baby right now, not much bigger then a worm lol. but but...I am exited, I cant wait!
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    ok, after lots of research my mom and I decided we like Garter snakes better then Corn snakes, and we REALLY liked that Albino Checkered that someone on here has(sorry forget who it was) so we have been talking to the guy at the herp store, and after LOTS of calling around he finally found an Albino Checkered baby, so he snapped it up for me. I am going to pick him/her up on Wed. but I met it today when I went with my friends family to get a bearded dragon, and I was holding it it. he/she is sooo cute! and was winding its way around my fingers. its just an itty bitty baby right now, not much bigger then a worm lol. but but...I am exited, I cant wait!
    Too cool! Your own pet snake! How big does it get? Pics pleeze! lol

lol I am practicly jumping out of my skin I am so exited right now, I cant wait till Wed.! the snake should get about 4-5 feet in legth, right now it only about 5 inches long.

I need names! gender neutral please, as I have no idea if its a boy or girl yet lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Awesome!
    How lucky! Garters are so neat, and it'll be awesome to see another on PT. I can tell you are absolutely ecstatic, as would I be.
    I can't wait for Wednesday to get here so we can see some pictures of that little guy(or girl).

ok, now I am a little confused lol, everything I read up till now said they get 4-5 feet, but I checked look at one site that said 1 1/2 to 2 feet? snake people? which is it? it doesnt matter to me either way, but that is a very large discrepancy lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:

"sister" to:

CONGRADS! and i donno. if its a garter snake, i really would't know, but would GUESS on the 1-2 feet side

I would go with the 1 to 2 feet def. Garter snakes dont seem that big to me atleast.

lol, I mentioned it to my mom, she said she found the same thing, but that basicly they can range anywhere from 2-4 feet on length, that they dont usually get to 4 feet. but they CAN
    Shayna
    Mom to:

"sister" to:

I can't wait for pictures I know he/she is going to be beautiful.
    Name ideas-Sydney,Blondie,Marley,Stevie,Buttercup,Royal,Music ,Rebel or Gizmo
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010