Thread: Poor Charlie ( another poopy thread )

Poor Charlie ( another poopy thread )

Since hubby gave him the bones after I told him not to. And the buffalo wing after I told him not to. Charlie has been poopin water since last night. He goes outside every hour it seems. Sometimes hes ok for a few hours, then goes couple times within the hour. His bum hurts. I've had to wipe him a few times and he acts like it hurts when I do that.

I've gave him rice as I heard that would help form it up. But it hasn't.

Is his poopies from that? or is it something else?

Took him to the vet. He is ok. But they gave him anti biotics and shots

Said if he's not better in 12-24 hours to call back.

He also vomited last night. All it was, was stomach acid and a lil peice of bone.

I hope he gets well soon.

oh poor thing. hubby is going to be paying a big vet bill eh? He is probably trying hard to get rid of that bone. that is why it is all watery. just a guess I may be wrong. i really don't know what to tell you. I just hope he gets better.

That sucks SO much. Poor Charlie, and poor you. Your hubby owes both of you an apology. I'm really hoping your handsome Aussie boy feels better soon... and I hope to God he doesn't have a block or the sharp edges have punctured his intestines, that would be terrible.

For future reference, cooked bones are extremely brittle and should never be fed, as you know. Teach your husband that these are never safe for Charlie, but raw chicken/turkey wings & leg quarters are perfectly safe. I feed Gonzo raw chicken wings several times a week, and he has not had a single problem.

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

Well the vet said he probably had a small infection from one possibly scratching him. So hopefully he will be feeling better soon.

So RAW chicken n turkey. Not beef? k. And not so many too right?

Oh, that's a lot better than a blockage, at least!

No, you can also feed beef bones, lamb bones, some people feed pork, etc. However, weight-bearing beef bones like soup bones can be too hard on teeth. I give my dogs beef & lamb ribs mostly for recreational chewing and those are fine. I recommend the book "Give Your Dog A Bone" by Dr. Ian Billinghurst, it explains a lot about raw feeding and what bones are good. http://www.rawlearning.com is good too!

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

yay I am glad he is okay!!!