Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The road past the Rainbow Bridge Offramp.

The road past the Rainbow Bridge Offramp.

This is my 10,000 post. I wanted it to be funny but I thought about making it kinda somber.

Why?

Because sometimes when you lose something, you gain something else.

Four years ago I lost something that meant alot to me.
    A few months later I found something that has helped me get thru the last few years.

On March 19 2002, my GF went to the Rainbow Bridge. I passed the RB offramp twice in less than six months.

Cotober 31, 2001 and on March 19, 2002.

Before my GF passed she told me to take the Edster, She was undergoing chemotherapy and wasn't able to be around cat litter.

What did I know about cats?

The Edster came to live with me in late January of the year..After a little bit of sorrow, I went in search of cat websties.

I came across Pet of the Day (don't ask me how.....I can't remember!)

I learned about the Rainbow Bridge here.

And I learrned that there is a road that goes past that turnoff in the road of life.

Sometimes it's a rocky road.

But the farther you travel and the more people you meet on your journey, You find that it's not a road least traveled.

I would have never met, conversed or shared so many good things on this site had I not lost a very important person in my life.

Soemtimes, I wonder what things would have been like had I not been a "loser".

I didn't know what lay ahead of me on March 20, 2002.

Had you told me it would be a white cat, an internet site about animals and a bunch of animal crazy people, who are truly some of the greatest beings on the planet, I would have rolled my eyes and laughed.

Sometimes losing isn't the end of the world.

It just brings you the part of the world that you would have never seen, otherwise.

Thanks to Karen, Paul and to all of the members of POTD.

You all rock!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Congratulations Richard, on your 10,000 posts and on the journey you have made in the last years, even if you would rather not have had to do it.I think we can truly say that this place would not be the same without you!

I'm with you in spirit today. Cuddle the Edster for me.

Richard if PT could help a little to get you over that experience then it's already a big thing.

Congratulations to our barkeeper and poet in residence

Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on your 10.000 Richard!

Over the past year, I have got to know you a little better – and for the better. You certainly make a difference to PT!

Loosing a loved one is so hard, but in your case, you got lovely Ed and lots of new friends here. Keep on blabbering and keep spoiling Ed the best you can!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Congratulations on the bg 10,000 and thank you for the lesson in life.

And most importantly.........{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

Congratulations and thank you for being you!!!
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Jen just said it best I think ~ "thank you for the lesson in life" Who loves ya baby? WE DO. You know I mean that. See you in a few weeks!! The Beast from the East meets the Best from the West, once again.. with feeling
    Laurie

CONGRATULATIONS RICHARD ON 10,000 POSTS!!!!

You are a very wise man, dude. This thread that you started really put alot of things in perspective for me.

Sometimes losing isn't the end of the world.

It just brings you the part of the world that you would have never seen, otherwise.
    AMEN TO THAT!!!!!

Your sense of humor, wise wit and sometimes "unique" philosophies" has made me laugh MANY times when I've wanted to cry, or just throw my hands up in the air in frustration. I thank you for the pleasure of knowing you, even if it IS only cyberly (for now).

When life hands you lemons - MAKE WHISKEY SOURS!!!!! Yo, Barkeep!! I'll take one of them!!!

Hi! My name is Donna and I too, am a loser and proud of it!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Once again, I've got goose-bumples! Richard and Ed, how sorry I am for your loss. Can't say any more, I'm just so sorry.

Richard I know I've seen that your GF had passed, but I really never knew what and all happend (how you came to PT or got Eddie). I'm glad that PT was here when you needed it and I hope it/we can always be here for you.

With that said......

Congratulations on 10,000 and hopefully many more to come!!!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Glad you found us, glad she was wise enough to turn the Edster over to you, and glad you've stuck around for 10,000 posts!

Thank you Richard for sharing those wonderful thoughts of yours. They will help many people with how you explained it and I am sure will comfort many people.

Thank you for being you and being here to keep us amused at your antics and wonderful words of wisdom. I know I haven't said it lately but I ♥ YOU RICHARD!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 10,000TH POST! I haven't seen them ALL but I have really enjoyed the ones I have read, you are an important part of this community to me.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Congratulations on 10,000 posts, Richard!! What an awesome lesson of finding good out of a sad situation! You and Eddie (and all of PT!) are lucky your GF was wise to see you needed eah other!!

richard, as you often do, you amaze and amuse me. thanks for sharing Eddie and yourself with me.
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Congrats on having 10,000 posts!!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana