Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lastest On Snoopy Update #10

Lastest On Snoopy Update #10

New Yrs Day evening we ended up in ER vet clinic with Snoopy. Poor guy was vomiting and had diarrhea. He was given medication and shot to settle his tummy.

January 4th we went to our regular vet for follow up visit. Xrays (to check for obstructions) and re-tested for Giardia. Both came back negative.

January 8th we were back in office (on Saturday). Blood work up done and showed elevated eosinophil count (EOS). This can indicate parasites or inflammatory bowel disease. Also mild elevated ALT (liver value) which might be from anxiety medications. Not to be concerned.

At this time he had science projects coming out his behind (blood clots) and vomiting was quite regular.

He was put on pepcid, dewormer for 3 days, Carafate (help his throat) and put on i/d food.

Thank God for pet insurance (FirstPetHealthcare, owned by Kroger's). I'm getting back 90% of invoices after the first $100 deductible was met. $573.83 total of 3 invoices
    minus $100 deductible, from $473.83 at 90% ... my out of pocket with balances is $40.45.

All this time Snoopy he had a wag in his tail.

He is doing GREAT today. Still on the i/d food. Takes a pepcid 2x a day.

If that wasnt enough my mom had passed away Dec 19th at age 89. All I could think about was "God dont take Snoopy".
    Last edited by Craftlady; 02-17-2011 at 08:48 PM.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Oh my, I am so sorry for the loss of your mum. That takes some time to adapt to. My Mum passed over 16 years ago, and still, now and then I reach for the phone to call and share something with her.

Snoopy, what are you doing? Making sure all your allowance goes to the vet, no no you are supposed to spend your allowance on food, treats and toys!

Hope the food and pepcid keep working and he feels better. Sounds like you've been doing a lot of cleaning up, in addition to the worry, the vet trips and so forth. Prayers that all that is behind BOTH of you!

Oh, my goodness you have been through a lot. Terribly sorry about your mother. Mine is 90 and not in the greatest health - my dad passed away almost 2 years ago now.

Snoopy, you got to get better buddy. You are worrying your mom way too much. I had a Snoopy who did that too so I know what she is going through. Keep taking your medicine and get better soon.

I will be keeping you and your pup in my prayers.

Diana

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Oh my, so sorry about the loss of your mother.
    It's so stressful when our furbabies are sick. I hope Snoopy feels better soon and you can get this under control.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I am glad to hear that Snoopy seems to be doing a lot better now.
    Even if he has to stay on the special food for awhile, it is worth it.
    I've seen the ads for the pet insurance at Kroger before, but never new
    anyone who had it. I does sound like a very good thing that you had it
    for Snoopy.

I am very sorry for the passing of your Mother. You have my sympathy.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Hello, I am sorry your Snoopy has not been well but glad to hear he is feeling better now. My Luke cat is on special food--expensive, isnt it--but worth it to keep our furbabies feeling good. Also, I am sorry you lost your mother. Kay in NC

Craftlady, I'm glad that Snoopy is now doing better! Please give him a big hug from me.

Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Kay: One good thing is Science Diet has on their website coupons. I've been getting $7 off a bag so far. You cant print a bunch at one time there has to be time period of couple weeks in-between. So far, it's working out that I can get the 18 lb bag for reasonable price.

Thanks everyone for the condolences. Each day gets little better. In the spring we are going to have a "Celebration of Life Service". I live in KY, my aunt (lives in Florida). Our weather has been the pits (lots of snow). My sister/bil and close couple (friends of family) did the private burial service in NE Ohio. It was neat, we had two cell phones sitting on podium so both myself/hubby and my aunt could hear the service.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Becky, I'm so sorry to hear about your mother's passing. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

I'm also sorry to hear about poor Snoopy. I hope that his new diet and meds will continue to help him. I'm glad to hear that you have pet insurance and it helped you out with his expenses. I'll keep Snoopy in my thoughts and prayers.

His anxiety issues are getting better and medicating has decreased. Leaving him in living room with t.v. on and toys without his brother has helped. Still attacking mini blinds to see outside so for now we arent putting them back up. Curtains are doing just fine at the window.

I took both dogs to the groomer's on Friday for a "spa day" they sure enjoyed themselves. I found out who was Snoopy's owner before we adopted him. No wonder he as anxiety issues. He was kept in a locked garage with no human contact because he tore things up and the owner had him since he was 6 to 8 weeks old. Dropped him off somewhere and another person brought him to the "drop off" cages at the shelter that they were using for after hours.

Needless to say, I have meet the women, much to my surprise. She used to work at the groomers. She never let on that she knew Snoopy. Our last visit in December the gal told the groomer for the first time.

The dog's groomer is so happy Snoopy is in our home and doing so well.

I just read your post that Snoopy is getting better and not on as much meds. As you said, no wonder he has anxiety issues considering he was kept in a garage a long time and then to a shelter. I'm assuming he could not see out and that's why now he has the need to look out the window to the outside. He can't stand the feeling of being closed in. That poor dog has been through hell; thank goodness, he has a good home now with patient caring people. You're doing a great job with Snoopy. Probably each day he feels a little bit better & a tiny bit of the anxiety goes away. Keep us posted. Kay in NC

Snoopy, I just heard about what your life was like before Becky took you to her home. I am all teary thinking of a wee puppy stuck alone in a garage (I know, could be worse). That is SO UNFAIR! Now you have someone who loves you and cares about you. You are learning about life as a spoiled PT pup! It is going to take some time, but Becky is willing to work with you, so you are going to be OK!

Becky, WOW! All this time, you thought it was because he'd been in a cage at the shelter for 4 months. Poor guy, missed his puppy hood. As he learns to relax and trust in you, he will find his puppy spirit. That is what happened w/ Tasha, my puppy mill rescue. It is so heart warming to watch them grow and develop into the dogs they were meant to be.

Was that woman ever prosecuted? I have some thoughts as to what her punishment should be, but we can't post that sort of thing on PT.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Was that woman ever prosecuted? I have some thoughts as to what her punishment should be, but we can't post that sort of thing on PT.
    No legal action could be taken. It's just one stupid owner that didn't care about poor Snoopy. However, her other 4 shituz's (spell?) were treated like royalty and had run of the house.

Wow you have gone through a lot and so has poor Snoopy. Thank God you have each other to help ease the hurts. I'm very glad to hear that Snoopy is getting better. Sad to think that someone who works with animals would treat one so bad. At least you have a better understanding of his history and hopefully it will give you insight in helping him grow into the healthy and happy dog he was meant to be.
    I've Been Frosted!

Quote Originally Posted by Craftlady View Post
    No legal action could be taken.
    That is SO wrong.

What "Wan Wan" said. You got each other now, and will help each other with