Thread: Where there's smoke....

Where there's smoke....

There is cigarettes!

Boy forced to chain-smoke 42 cigarettes

A Malaysian schoolboy was forced to chain-smoke 42 cigarettes in two hours after a teacher found a cigarette in his locker.

Mohd Alif Arifin, 16, could not eat for nearly a week after the punishment, the boy's aunt told the New Straits Times.

The schoolboy, who claimed he knew nothing of the cigarette in his locker, said: "I was forced to smoke four cigarettes at a time until I finished 42 cigarettes."

After his punishment, witnessed by other students and teachers, Alif was sent home from his school on the island of Langkawi.

His aunt Faridah Mat Zain, who has cared for her nephew since the death of his parents, said: "He was coughing continuously and he was very quiet.

"But two days later, I noticed his lips were swollen and got him to tell me what happened. He couldn't eat for five days."

Alif was taken to a clinic which referred him to Langkawi Hospital, she said.

A school official said the institute had apologised to the boy's uncle, who lodged a police report when he found out about the punishment.

"This is not normal. We don't do that often," the official said. He added it was up to the state's education department to take action against the teacher.

In 2007, another Malaysian teacher was reprimanded after she made almost 140 teenage girls squat in a pond at a boarding school as punishment for clogging the toilets.

---------------------------

This is the kinda stuff that used to happen in Catholic Schools all the time.

I don't condone anyone making a kid smoke 42 cigs any time....But considering what happens in other parts of the world to kids who step out of line?

I'd rather take my chances squatting in a river.

Oh if I was his parent I would be having that teacher's Asssss on a plater.. That is Not Not right.. I think they need to get a lawyer & teach that teacher & school a lesson or two.. Poor young man..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>