Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cats running into walls

Cats running into walls

DDo your cats run into walls mine does every night he goes up to the far wall in my room and the night light is on [so he can see where his food, water, and litter box is] he will look at his shadow and jump head first into the wall. Just the other day he came running in the room and didn't stop in time and crashed!!!
    This is what he might of looked like when he couldn't stop
    Osker is the cutest kitty I've ever seen.

***and my wish of a white cat lives on*** some day

sounds pretty funny!

Former User Guest
    Yeah, funny topic and I can provide an reply too. Casper is the funny one here who keeps running into walls. Although last night while playing with Casper, Kitty ran into the wall, which was hilarious. After that, she looked us and seemed to be thinking" now who put that wall there, didn't used to be there!".

As I said, Casper is the one who mostly keeps crashing into walls, and it's always while chasing Kitty. Kitty is running ahead of him and can prevent from crashing to the wall because she sees the wall before Casper, and so Casper boy ends up crashing to the wall.

It does look hilarious when they do that! Every so often, Fister races around - mostly in the evening, and if a door is ajar, he thinks he can race though it without hitting his head - BUT HE CAN'T! Also it's funny to watch when a cat has fallen down or banged into something, they look like "no big deal, I meant to do that" - nothing to laugh about! and they start washing themselves as if all is normal. LOL!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Mocha Bean doesn't "Run into " walls. She trys to climb them. I'll have to get a pix of it . She gets as close to the wall as possible with her chin flat against the wall, wiggles her Kittybutt and then SPRINGS! Up as high as she can...This is then followed by her Racing as fast as she can through the house followed by Bonzo and then Louie.... Makes for very loud cheap entertainment!

Former User Guest
    Originally posted by Randi
    Also it's funny to watch when a cat has fallen down or banged into something, they look like "no big deal, I meant to do that" - nothing to laugh about! and they start washing themselves as if all is normal. LOL!
    LOL Randi, that is SO true!!!! Kitty once fell from the couch and then started licking herself...As if that's exactly what she meant to do....

Livvy and Cassy run around the house periodically, but somehow at least one of them has trouble in the dining area. (Cornering around the table legs perhaps?) Rumble, rumble, rumble through the house then into the dining room and 'thuddy-splat' or 'thuddy-thud-splat'.

Cats -- you gotta love 'em. (If I every get really rich, I think I'll get the furkids to a psychiatrist for cats. Maybe there's an explanation for their precious weirdness...)
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

I just had to laugh when I saw the topic of this thread. Granted, I was imagining cats just slamming themselves into walls! LOL LOL
    Hey, it could happen. Cat are...after all, cats...and their behaviors are sometimes a mystery! LOL LOL

But, I really can relate to the accidental crash into an object when they're just moving too fast to stop in time! I know I shouldn't laugh at my baby's misfortune...but it's hard not to laugh!

The situation almost always goes something like this:

thumpity, thumpity, thumpity, thumpity, thumpity, thumpity, thumpity, thumpity, thumpity, thumpity, thumpity, thumpity, thumpity, thumpity, thumpity, thumpity (imagine a heard of elephants running through your house...and that's what it sounds like when my cats are doing that! LOL )
    .........SCREEEEEEEEEEECH....THUD!

resulting in...
    confused cat acting like he meant to do that...

Cats running into walls

My cat Sunny runs around corners so fast that he also sometimes runs into walls. One time my roommate told me that he ran into the sliding glass door. That sure must have hurt.

Before I got Osker my mom and I lived with someone who had 5 cats. There was a glass door that led out where there food was and the kitten ran as fast as she could 4 times into the door in a row.It didn't look like it was on purpose but it sure was funny
    Osker is the cutest kitty I've ever seen.

***and my wish of a white cat lives on*** some day

LOL

Yes, Tubby has done this many times, and either he pretends he was supposed to do it, or he just steps back and continues racing around as if nothing happened.

He's a bumper (likes to bump his head when he's happy) and he'll bump on just about anything. Sometimes he bumps his head so hard it seems like it has to hurt, but he just keeps on bumping. Yesterday when we got home after being gone all weekend, he was happy to see us and so was bumping up a storm. One bump was on one of the kitchen cabinets and it sounded kind of hard. He shook his head as if to clear the stars in front of his eyes, then continued bumping - just not as hard. Must have dazed himself a bit. Poor kitty.

Peanut is much more sedate and cautious and the most she has done is go skidding around a corner, but she caught herself before hitting the wall.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

When my kitty Karamel in in one of his crazy moods he rushes into walls, doors anything. LOL. He just runs into the room, doesn't seem to pull off the brakes and goes right into the wall. LOL. He sometimes finds a spot on the wall and jumps high to get at it

LOL!!! ALL OF YOU LOL!!!

These are such funny stories - thanks to you all.

Lynne

slippery floor

our floor is rather slippery ... . We do not have any problem with that ; but Sydney ?????!!!!
    Hahahaha , lol , he runs around the house really fast sometimes (we call it his "turbo-speed" !!!) and so it happens quite often that he cannot stop in time before he reaches the wall or anything in his way , and then : crash boom !!!!!
    poor kitty , hahahahahaha

Hey have you been to my house lately??? This is *so* my cats. They chase each other around and around until one smacks into the wall

We got them the laser light and pointed it on the wall... they tried to climb it... now thats funny. Or when they go running and leap into the wall... mean I know but it's soooo funny

Originally posted by wolflady

The situation almost always goes something like this:

thumpity, thumpity, thumpity, thumpity, thumpity, thumpity, thumpity, thumpity, thumpity, thumpity, thumpity, thumpity, thumpity, thumpity, thumpity, thumpity (imagine a heard of elephants running through your house...and that's what it sounds like when my cats are doing that! LOL )
    .........SCREEEEEEEEEEECH....THUD!

~~~Rachel in Alaska
    Mom to "Max, Milo and Pepper Ann" 11.5 month old Teenagers

http://www.pbase.com/alasknmom/kittens/
    updated 10/30/02