Thread: Can anybody help me with this ?

Can anybody help me with this ?

Well i'm sure most of you know i have 3 little ones well my problem is Aspen the baby 7mths likes to eat poop it has'nt been a problem because i pick it up right away but i don't have a very big yard and i got promission to use a fenced in area at the local shelter it's not right next to the shelter but alittle down the road the problem is a person in there said if it was him he wouldn't do it beacause my dogs can get sick because they bring the shelter dogs in there {This is a no kill shelter } my dogs are up to date on everything and are on heartguard and frontline so i did'nt think there would be a problem but i was worried because Aspen poop fedish and what if there's poop in there and i don't see it and he eats some ? I'm not sure what i should do.

I don't know if he was just being like that because the lady had giving me permission and he did'nt like it or what

I can't see it being any diffent then bring them to a dog park.

I can use it when the shelters closed I don't use it when the other dogs are in there just my 3

So please can anyone help with this is there something that i should be aware of that i don't know

I'm alittle confused I know when i go into the shelter all the dogs have had the shots and stuff i have also got 2 of my dogs from there and i donate all the time there i thinks that's why Sharon the owner lets me use it and she know i always pick up after my little ones

Please help with some advice

I think that the man who spoke to you to discourage your use of the fenced area only did so in the best interest of your dogs. Yes, the shelter brings the dogs up to date on their shots but were the dogs allowed in the area previous to the shots? Parasites (Coccida, Giardia, etc) and other infectious bacterias can be lurking in the pen if not cleaned out regularly. While your dogs may be all up to date, vaccinations can not prevent some things like parasites. Coccidia can be transmitted from one dog to another so fast - within 24 hours - and all a dog has to do is step in a TINY piece of fecal matter. There is also the possibilities of fleas, kennel cough (not likely without other dogs present). Just be aware of the situation. I would ask the shelther owner if they clean the yard out properly on a regular basis and if shelter dogs are permitted inside. Good luck.

Thank you for the info i did'nt even think of that .
    I would have liked to bring them there but i think it's best if i don't especily with 3 of them if one gets sick they all do.
    It is pretty much clean there was only 2 poops not picked up when i went there but still they say that some of that stuff can stay in the soil so there just going to stick to the walks in the woods i guess

Thanks again for the info