Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hallie is MISSING!

Hallie is MISSING!

Hallie Sue got out of our "cat-proof" fenced back yard! The weather has been so nice lately, that I have let the kitties have a lot of outside time, and most of them handle it well. Hallie used to always jump on the roof ... banking off of everything possible in the yard. Well ... we now have had everything moved that she could possibly use, and she still has gotten out! Normally whenever she has gotten out in the past, she is soon at the front door wanting back in ... but not this time. I honestly think that one of our neighbors has taken her in, which I suppose is "ok" but it really upsets me that this has happened again ... Harper did the same thing.

I suppose some of you will think I am being negligent, but I am to the point that some of these kitties .... mine and/or rescues simply HAVE to get outside (in our fenced yard) for as much time as the weather allows. In all of the many, many, many kitties as we have tested in our cat-fence ... only a small number (5 or less) have ever been able to get out of it. I think that is a pretty good percentage of safety, but I still don't want ANY of them to get out .... Redfurd has proven that he can't be trusted even five minutes in the yard, so he is never allowed out there. Dexter is "wishy-washy" ... if the mood strikes him, he will sneak out, but he always comes back to the front door to be let in the house. He spends very little time outside, unless closely supervised. I thought I had Hallie "safe" since all of the furniture was moved away from the edges where she could jump to the roof. *sigh*

I have gotten to the point that I honestly feel that I am robbing my kitties of fresh air and the beauty of the outdoors, so I have been so happy with the results of our cat-fenced yard. We take every precaution we can ... they absolutely love it out there, and we have NEVER had any other animal come INTO our yard from the outside! All in all, it is a pretty safe and functional area ... they certainly love drinking from the pond, and trying to catch the goldfish!

I guess I am trying to convince myself that this is all "ok" ... but it's hard when something like this happens ... and especially my Hallie Sue ... that I've had since her birth.
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I have gotten to the point that I honestly feel that I am robbing my kitties of fresh air and the beauty of the outdoors
    I feel that way sometimes too. I just open a window and let them sit in it. I'm sure Hallie Sue will come back. Make sure you check the perimeter of your property. She's gotta be around somewhere. And don't feel guilty. It's not your fault. You've heard about what curiosity did to the cat, haven't you??

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    I feel that way sometimes too. I just open a window and let them sit in it. I'm sure Hallie Sue will come back. Make sure you check the perimeter of your property. She's gotta be around somewhere. And don't feel guilty. It's not your fault. You've heard about what curiosity did to the cat, haven't you??

Thanks, Donna. We have so few days where we can actually open the windows here ... plus my hubby sleeps days and he gets too hot if I turn the air down to open the windows. Of course, I don't have enough windows for all of my kitties to sit in ... lol!

I currently have 15 of my own cats PLUS 15 fosters here .... I NEED to have some of them out from underfoot for a while sometimes, ya know? We take every precaution necessary, and we do pretty darn well. I guess I'm just beating myself up with guilt ... which is something I really don't need more of right now.

Kim

Oh gosh . . . Kim, I know how upset & scared you must be right now! We'll just hope & pray that Hallie will find her way home soon! Hang in there!
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

Dont worry Kim,
    The Pet Taker Angel Search and Rescue Squad is searching now and they always get thier Pet.
    Tucker is leading the Search Now,as he knows the area best.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Please let us know when Hallie comes home!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Kim, first off, no one in their right mind would ever think you are negligent with your cats. So please get that thought out of your head and don't beat yourself up over it. ACCIDENTS HAPPEN....It has happened to quite a few of us here, myself included and I know that I am not negligent when it comes to my cats and neither are you. In fact no one on PT is.

I hope and pray that your Hallie Sue comes home real soon all safe and sound.

((((((HUGS))))))

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Yeah, what everyone else has said! I hope she comes back soon, and that you can stop feeling guilty. Please keep us updated, and know that in the meantime you will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Deb
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

kim I am sorry to hear Hallie has given you the slip, but keep thinking positive and hopefully she is not far away and will be back home soon, I understand completely how you feel being an indoor/outdoor kitty mum, but sometimes I feel negligent letting mine out, if only we lived in a purrfect world eh!?

Positive thoughts and vibes are being sent your way for the safe return of your precious Hallie.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Thank you so much to those of you who have kind words of support for me ... it means alot to me. It's just a sad state of the world, when you have to build a fortress around your house to try and keep your babies safe ... lest they stray out into the "dangerous world". I feel the same about myself so much of the time now ... just wanting to stay home and stay "safe" ... I thought I could at least let my babies enjoy our own backyard.

Kim

If she's like most indoors cats who get out then she's probably not too far away. Hope she comes home soon. I feel the same way about the fortress, the days when we could leave our doors and windows unlocked are gone forever.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Hallie! You come home right now and stop worrying your meowmie and all your aunties! You hear me? Get into the house right now, young lady! Well, it always worked for me. Sending good thoughts your way. I hope she wanders home soon. Don't give up.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Kim, I am so sorry. Is it possible that someone is SNEAKING into the yard and snatching some of the kitties? I mean, they probably figure you are into the rescuing anyhow, so they just "help themselves"

I hate to think someobnody would do that, but people do incredibly stupid things at times.

Many prayers that she returns!

Quote Originally Posted by catnapper
    Kim, I am so sorry. Is it possible that someone is SNEAKING into the yard and snatching some of the kitties? I mean, they probably figure you are into the rescuing anyhow, so they just "help themselves"

I hate to think someobnody would do that, but people do incredibly stupid things at times.

Many prayers that she returns!
    No, that's not possible either .... we keep our gate locked with a padlock. She got over the fence and topper somehow.

I hope Hallie comes home soon. Please don't feel guilty over this. Accidents happen. My cats are indoor only and they still manage to sneak out sometimes! If a cat is that curious they will figure a way out no matter what.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!