Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any aussie owners here?

Any aussie owners here?

I was just curious if there are any aussie owners here?
    I don't recall seeing many or any.
    My next dog will be an Aussie, I've been speaking with a couple select breeders a lot lately.
    The Aussie & BC have been a favorite breed of mine for 20+ years. I've finally decided between the 2. LOL
    Hopefully this spring one will be joining my furry family.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

2. I have friends that own one, his name is Keako, he is a blue merle male aussie! With one green eye and one eye that has half blue and half green! He's a little angel, I would say that you made the right choice...even though I do love BCs as well!

I want to own an Aussie sooner or later too! Which colour were you looking into getting!

I love Aussies! They were my favourite breed until I discovered the Toller I also am going to get one some day, I have a friend who has a red-tri Aussie named Star I hope to get a red merle when I get one, good luck finding a breeder and getting a new pup! keep us updated on how it goes...

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Originally posted by Lexi_Lover
    I have friends that own one, his name is Keako, he is a blue merle male aussie! With one green eye and one eye that has half blue and half green! He's a little angel, I would say that you made the right choice...even though I do love BCs as well!

I want to own an Aussie sooner or later too! Which colour were you looking into getting!
    It will be a male and I am hoping to get a blue merle with at least one blue eye. It really depends on his personality but I that is the color I want.
    The one breeder I will probably go with just had a litter the other day, but I am waiting until the next litter which is planned to breed in a few more weeks.
    I am so happy!
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

i've never owned one,but we have 2 at the petstore right now. a blue merle and a black tri.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

OH.....I DO!

In my signature.
    Koda[Aussie] & Kenai[Aussie]

Aussie Brothers FUR-ever! Aussie Addict!

Blog Entries
    I have had an Aussie Shepherd for 12 years now. He has to be the smartest most loving dog. He is a blue merle with blue eyes. Make sure your blue merle has a dark nose ( no pink nose because it will get sun burned & sore). My dog has a pink nose & it does get sore. Also they do shed a lot of hair & should be combed regularly. I also trim the hair off my dogs front legs in the back. He picks up burrs & mud so I trim it off some. He also has a very gentle way about him when you give him treats he gently will take them from your hand. When he was younger we would visit people in the care facilities & he was so good with them. Also when picking out your shepherd make sure he/she has good substance, good thick bones in the legs & feet. Best wishes to you in selecting your Australian Shepherd. It is a wonderful breed.

Originally posted by LuvinMyAussieBoy
    OH.....I DO!

In my signature.
    What beauties you have there! I can't wait until Spring for my boy!

My aunt and uncle owned an Aussie named Hannah Banana for many years. She was a blue merle with white and tan trim, and one marbled eye (blue with brown spots). She was a very friendly dog, loved everyone, gentle with children, never barked, and would play fetch endlessly. She was very smart, eager to please, and obedient. All of this even though she was an outside dog. As she got older though, she became tired and deaf. A tumor grew on her throat and it suffocated her while she was at the vet. ITtwas very sad. She was such a nice dog. She would even bury her milkbones in the flowerpots. My aunt was always getting mad at these darn "squirrels" for ruining the flowers, and then she went digging in a pot one day and found ten milkbones. She laughed so hard, it was so funny. Hannah was a funny dog. They will be getting another aussie in the next couple of years.

Timber is mixed with Aussie, but she acts nothing like one.
    I've been BOO'd!

Blog Entries
    What other breed is Timber?

She is six other breeds lol. Her mother was three breeds - Belgian shepherd, German shepherd, and golden retriever. And her father was four breeds - Siberian husky, Rhodesian ridgeback, collie, and Aussie. The petstore said her father was just a husky, but I met Timber's sister's owner who said she met Timber's father's owners and she told me that's what they said he was. It makes sense, she has the ridge. I think the pet store just lieks to shorten the list of breeds. My friends Sibe had puppies and they took them there -- the pups were Sibe/Rottie/Mastiff/GSD, and the pet store just called them Sibe/Mastiff mixes.

I had another dog that was four breeds - GSD/doberman/border collie/lab. She was a gorgeous dog. She was pure white. Her mother, the GSD/dobe cross, had a white shepherd mother, so Stitch's mother was white. We figure that's where she got the white from.
    I've been BOO'd!

Originally posted by lv4dogs
    What beauties you have there! I can't wait until Spring for my boy!
    Thank you. My boys say that to of course! I bet you can't wait until you get yours. You are going to have an amazing and fun time with yours. Once you get one, you NEVER go back!
    Koda[Aussie] & Kenai[Aussie]

Aussie Brothers FUR-ever! Aussie Addict!

Yes I have a female aussie (Hannah Rose). She is 4 years old and the sweetest most gentle dog. She is great with my 2 year old daughter. I have 2 male border collies also (Sly and Patch). Both breeds are the best! Please let me know which breed you go with!

14. Originally posted by jcook
    Yes I have a female aussie (Hannah Rose). She is 4 years old and the sweetest most gentle dog. She is great with my 2 year old daughter. I have 2 male border collies also (Sly and Patch). Both breeds are the best! Please let me know which breed you go with!
    We absolutely NEED to see pics of your pups!

Originally posted by Lexi_Lover
    We absolutely NEED to see pics of your pups!
    I second that one! LOL