Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Share those battle scars

Share those battle scars

Yesterday I decided to trim the cat's claws. Yeah, you know where this is heading....

Zam complained but I got her trimmed.

Logan has been such a love bug lately that I figured I might be able to trim his.

I was able to get one claw trimmed.

Then he told me what he thought about that.

I am out of big bandages so I had three bandaids on this till the bleeding stopped.

This is not the worst battle scar I have, just the only one I have photo proof of.

The first time I was ever attacked by a cat was by Chance.

Who me?!

He was SUPPOSED to be fixed at 6 months of age, but the vets only removed the hernia he had at the time and forgot to neuter him. We paid for both procedures.

He was a great cat up to 5 years of age and one night he just went ballistic on the other cats in the house. I took him to my room to give him a time out.

I set him on the bed, he turned around and leapt at my face. I had thrown my arms up in an effort to protect my face.

I ended up with three long gashes from wrist to elbow on my right and left arms. Punture wounds on my forehead, lips and chin.

The only remaining visible scars are the ones hidden in my left eyebrow and one perfectly horizontal just above the bridge of my nose.

The doctors say I'm lucky I was wearing glasses. Had I not, I'd probably be blind in my left eye. Instead, his claws snagged on my glasses and knocked them off.

I've never seen so much blood. My sister said I looked like an actress in one of those B rated horror flicks. My face ended up becoming black and blue and many thought I'd either been in a car wreck or that my boyfriend had taken a bat to me. The gouges on my arm took longer to heal so many assumed I was suicidal.

I guess it does sound funny when you say you've been attacked by a cat.

Chance went to the vet the next day and because he was intact, he had a hormonal imbalance. He was kept there over the weekend for observation and promptly neutered. The vets were sorry.

Aside from that I've received a few gouges across my chest from Logan (hence how he got his name...he's a little Wolverine that likes to use his claws ), and that nasty bite he gave me that sent me to the hospital.

I've never been attacked by a dog or any other animal. Just cats.

But how can you stay mad at a face like this?

So, have any of you had nasty run ins with pets or other animals and do you still carry scars?

Be it cats, dogs, birds, ect...
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Ouch.

Now I hurt!

WOW! Nothing quite like that has ever happened that I can think of....I do have a few scars on my hands from sticking them in the middle of dog fights! DUH!
    My roommate had to have stitches when either Duncan or Jack bit her in the hand during one of their squabbles that we were trying to break up.
    And of course, I have the bruises and scrapes from Duncan getting overexcited and jumping on me.
    Before I started using the gentle leader, I got pulled down alot and had scraped knees and palms. And one time a sprained ankle!
    And years ago, when I rode horses regularly, I fell off and was stepped and and bruised and banged up a lot....

Kimmy,

I feel your pain!!!

Here's my arm after NUMEROUS attempts to clip Eli's nails!!

Yet, ANOTHER scar for life!!

And, last but not least, the imfamous pinky scar. Remember that one, Kimmy????

Sorry the picture is not very good. But believe me, the pain is still VERY fresh in my mind!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Oh, and I forgot...when I was a child I was bit by the same beagle, Joey, 3 times and had to go to the hospital each time. I still have the tooth shaped scar on my wrist from where he got me the last time...
    He never bit anyone else, just me that I know of. He lived on the next street over but would get loose and if he saw me, forget about it! Came right over and bit me! I don't know why...we did have a cat at the time so that may have been it but he didn't bite my brother or sister?

Ok, bravely showing a photo taken when I was sick sick sick a few weeks ago. You can see the slashes on my cheeck from Pouncer's hind legs, and the newer slashes on my hand from the same brat (look just below the wedding ring, along the side of my palm... its hard to see but there). He slashed my face really bad around Thanksgiving and top scratch is really strong, the bottom one pretty faint now. I always get slashed when trying to trim his nails - the boy thinks he's a jack rabbit and kicks with his hind legs.

Hubby currently has searing red slashes across his entire belly (its a large belly too ) from Allen. the scratches must be 12" long each.

PS: Abby loves to sit on my shoulder all the time, love that little girl!

One from Kiba by accident o_O lol

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Funny you should mention this....I was just getting dressed and deciding how to explain the bruise next to my eye! I remember one of the E's whacking me...but somehow I can't remember which nor why....

I will, of course, tell people my husband did it....

I have a cresent shaped scar on my face. When I was very young I was playing with a toy horse (Zorro's) and fell. The ear puntured my face. It probably should have been stitched but since, even then, it was doubtful my face would be my career, it wasn't. I have always enjoyed telling people I got it in a knife fight....so much better a story....

Kimmy - OUCH!!!

I don't have pictures because I was too upset and hurt for that but a few weeks after we got Scout she slashed the end of my nose open. She was sitting by the scratching post in a dark room and I bent down to pet her and she jumped up on the post and sliced me. About three months later I was carrying her down the hall and walked into a dark room and she popped my eye and caught the inside of my lower eyelid with her claw. I was very lucky she didn't stick my eye. That hurt!

I have tons of old scars from Ripley, mostly on my legs. He used to attack me on a regular basis and it was very violent. He stopped after 10 years once I brought other cats in the house, thank goodness.

From Decker with Love

Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
    I have always enjoyed telling people I got it in a knife fight....so much better a story....
    Especially seeing as you're from Chicago!
    I will, of course, tell people my husband did it....
    Terry had a black eye for about a month after his nose surgery (skin cancer removed) and he, of course, told everyone that I did it!

Fortunately I have no battle scars....lately. When Tubby was a young 'un, he was a holy terror and my arms were constantly in shreds....from playing! I would have hated to see what he did if he was mad!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

The only battle scar I have was when my first foster, Bear bit me. It was on my left ring finger and was so bad I ended up with a serious infection. It took 14 days of antibiotics to cure it. After that, we started wearing leather gloves to handle him. He's gone to the RB now. He had a serious neurological problem that couldn't be helped. Poor baby.

Mine have accidentally got me as they use me for a highway, but those are generally minor. Somehow where ever they are going when they want to run is on the other side of me. Strange how that happens -

lol I come to school so often with my neck or shoulder, or feet banaged that people must think I am abused lol in fact I have a bandage on my shoulder right now, I have no clue what happendbut my bra strap was rubbing my should and it hurt like a b*tch so I moved my shirt and bra to look and there are 3 long scratches simlier to the one you got on your hand goinf down my neck and shoulder, no wonder it hurt so much! lol I also have a small scar on the bottom of my thumb because Kari was in a bad mood and bit me lol I came to school once with a big bandage on my neck people asked what happend, well in the van the dogs got exited when they saw another dog jumped on my shoulder and left 2 gashes on my neck lol I still have a scar on my foot from a few weeks ago, Happys pads are super rough, I like then tuff but her pads are so rough it ridiculous, all she did was walk over my foot and left a bleeding gash, since then I have started putting moisterizer on her feet lol I almost always have at least one bandage on somewhere lol with that or a huge bruise on my arm from my friends ex punching me(it was all in fun but he hit the same spot twice lol) 3 enormous bruises on my legs from falling through my friends deck, another anourmous bruise on my thigh from a canoe coarse when we had to fall out of the boat and my leg wacked the side lol you get the picture, its never anything real serious but I swear there must be people who think I am abused and just hiding it by saying my dogs or rabbit did it lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Yeeks! Those are some stories everyone.

And Donna... I remember that day quite well. I'm surprised Andy didn't faint!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

When I was about six I was walking around in a pet store with my dad. I saw all these other kids picking up this white, fluffy, cat, he looked really annoyed BTW. They put him down after a while and I went over there and crouched down next to him and started petting him from his head to is tail. By the time I got to the middle of his back he thought I was going to pick him up (because my hand was near his belly). He went up on his hind legs and started slashing the inside of my arms! I stood up and he was *HANGING ON* to my skin!
    We got him off eventually and my arms were covered of scratches! Thankfully, I have no scars from it. After that I hated cats until I was 9 or 10. But when I got my RB cat Necko, that changed.

I guess I learned my lesson: Never mess with an angry cat.

"Old dogs are like old shoes: they are comfortable. They may be a bit
    out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well."
    NEW ADDITION: 6 lovely Rhode Island Reds!

15. Ok well, Lexi turned against me once. I was playing as if I would any other time, nicely and not rough. She decided to run to the back of the room, from there she turned around with this *evil* glare in her eye and came racing at me!!
    Yup well, the end came down to this, a HUGE it mark, a lot of serious scratches and a dog with a TUCKED tail! LOL, she knew she did something bad!

Sorry, no pics!