Thread: So angry, must vent.....

So angry, must vent.....

At 10 to 1 this afternoon my step daughter called me (she's 12). She was bawling so hard I could hardly understand her. What I got out of it was her mom had called and told her that she was on her way to the hospital and they were going to unplug step-grandma and she was going to die. Not something you tell a kid over the phone, especially when she's all alone. I talked to her and got her to calm down. She felt better when I told her that Sami would be there to greet her step-grandma at heaven's entrance when she arrived there. 20 minutes later she was ok and heading back to school. I am so mad at her mother for doing that to her.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

So glad she had you to call. Thats just shameful.

Man. I can't believe how blunt she was. Does she realize she upset her daughter? Does she care?

I'm glad you were there to take her call.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    What an awful position to put a child in! Especially over the phone! Apparently her mother has no common sense, and if she did should have taken the girl aside when she wasn't in school, and explained everything to her. Glad you were there for her.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

5. Oh, I'm sorry!

It shows that she trusts you to come and turn to you! You must be excellent with her!

But as for her mother well....

I have a very special relationship with my step-daughter. As we joke, she comes with velcro and sticks to me like glue. She is a great kid. I get along well with her mother. So I'm not trying to poke sticks. I am just mad that the woman didn't think. A conversation with the whole family there would have been a much better way to go.
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

A classic case of not having the brain engaged, before putting the mouth into gear.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

What a cold, heartless (censored) I hope that didn't do permanent damage to her. Was she even thinking at all? Doesn't sound like it to me.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

When I spoke on the phone with her mother last night I told her how upset she had made her daughter, she had NO CLUE!!! She took the kids to see their step-grandma last night, so they got a chance to see her and say goodbye. But to top it all off, she phoned the kids at our house this morning, before school, and told them that step-grandma had died during the night. Phoned them!!!!! She was home and her house is 5 minutes from ours, could she not have gone over and told them in person!!!