Thread: Poor Allen

Poor Allen

I've been walking around the house commenting on Allen's feline acne for two weeks now. I've told hubby how bad it looks, and how I think its time he goes to the vet for an official look at it. He's ignored me, thinking I'm just being obsessive again... making something out of nothing.

Today I left the house for a whole 45 minutes, and returned to a hubby that has been shredded top to bottom, and a son that looks somewhat less bloody. What happened you ask? Hubby FINALLY saw Allen's chin and decided to POP Allen's acne, the way you'd pop a human's pimple or blackhead.

Poor orange dude now has a BADLY swollen chin, and refuses to come out of hiding. All those scratches... hubby and son deserve it for torturing the poor cat. Then hubby says "it looks real sore and you could tell it hurts him to be touched" Then why on earth would you try to squeeze his infected chin???? OMG... common sense is in short supply around here!

But I HAD to pull him out of hiding to make sure the chin is completely clean and rub some Neosporin on it. Thanks goodness for the pillowcase tip. I never saw Allen so reactive. We cleaned it and put antibiotic cream on it, and I fed him wet food for his troubles, which seemed to earn me a few brownie points, but hubby and son are still in the doghouse.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry over this. Poor, poor Allen. What did he do to deserve a mauling on his sore chin?

sometimes I feel,the same way,when I go,to help,and end up,,amking things worse.And allen,a Meber,in Good Standing,in the Found Cat Orange Organization,is in our Prayers,tonight.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Oh poor Allen!!! That must have hurt! Yes, I agree that hubby and son deserve all the scratches they got but I'm sure when they attempted to pop them they thought they were going to help him. They had good intentions that just didn't work out quite right. Poor poor Allen! That hurt me just thinking about it.

Allen says, "Don't leave me with those two ever again meowmie"!!!

I am laughing at hubby, but crying with Allen. Poor Allen, (but in hubby's defense, I have a hard time not trying to pop things open, too )

Originally posted by catcrazylady
    Allen says, "Don't leave me with those two ever again meowmie"!!!
    I think so! He is not a happy boy right now and I can't say I blame him. The ironic thing was, the reason I went out was to buy him some more peroxide, some acne gel, and some Neosporin! LOL

Now, Since hubby's managed to make his chin so sore, I'll be doing the Neosporin for a few days, until the swelling and infection goes down. I asked the rescue, and they gave me the go-ahead to give him the left over Clavamox I had from Katrina. It cant hurt, and should definately help. OH! thats reminds me! I called the vet on Friday and asked if I could give Allen Clavamox for his infected chin, and they said, "Why do you have Clavamox? Its dated you know, and expires." I explained its a recent prescription, about a month old. They demanded to know WHERE I'd come across a new dose of Clavamox. It was like I was in the inquisition or something for having Clavamox and questioning whether or not it would be the right remedy for his infected chin. I'm sure there's a note in the margin of Allen's chart "freely doses cats with black market vetinary drugs"

Poor sweet Allen. What were those guys thinking???? Geesh!!

Chipper has acne again also. I think it must be from him drinking from the bathroom sink, as the food and water bowls are ceramic.
    I have been treating it with Peroxide for the past few days, 3 X a day, and it is almost gone now.
    Chipper loves to have his chin scritched, so I was able to catch it right from the beginning.

Give poor Allen a kiss for me and tell those guys to "Back away from the cat."

I hope and pray that Allen's acne heals up real soon.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Sounds like Allen punished your hubby & son enough!!!

You can't hold it against them . . . they're MEN!

LOL . . .
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

No pictures of hubby and son??

Poor baby Allen!!! Heal up quickly sweet boy!!

I have never seen that feline acne I keep reading about - hope I don't as it sounds very painful!

Your stories just cracked me up. Poor Allen, and I agree about the hubby and son deserving what they got for messing with the kitty's sore chin, bet they'll think twice before they do that again.

Poor poor Allen!!!

And to your hubby and son:
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Hubby FINALLY saw Allen's chin and decided to POP Allen's acne, the way you'd pop a human's pimple or blackhead.
    Serves him right!! I don't blame Allen for tearing hubby up. Poor baby.

As for you little miss drug dealer, you were WAY too nice to them. Sounded like the Spanish Inquisition to me. I would've hung up on them. I have all SORTS of kitty drugs in my house too. Wouldn't have it any other way. Those jerks!!

Tell me what the pillowcase thing is will ya? I still have scars from trying to clip LilEli's nails.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Poor Allen!!!

Scout sends her love and says to Allen, "Give 'em heck!"

From Decker with Love

Donna, the pillowcase trick is actually stuffing Allen in the pillowcase, leaving only his head out. That way he can struggle, but not hurt anyone, or himself. What a lifesaver!

We bought 4 new ceramic dishes today. I don't use plastic, but since Pouncer broker the other one, I figured no time like the present to get new dishes. They've been eating out of human dishes for the past few weeks... I've been dish shopping for a while Lets see if the new dishes help him at all.

How's Allen doing today? Poor guy, my gang of 3 feel for him.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor