Thread: A wandering cat around our house

A wandering cat around our house

Ok, now this makes me mad...there has been a cat coming around our house at night, and is always looking for food! I keep thinking, isn't someone taking care of this poor thing?? I mean, I don't mind when people have part-time outdoor cats, but ALL the time?? It's just not right! It doesn't matter what time of the year...this cat is here all the time. It's an orange tabby, but I can never get close enough to see if she belongs to someone...she always runs off. She might be a stray, but I dunno. I feel so sorry for her though!! What should I do? Leave food out, or what? Even in the winter time...like today I went out in the back, and there were kitty paw-prints in the snow. I just don't know what to do, but if this cat's starving to death, I want to take her in, but she won't let me near her!! What to do...???

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

Just leave some food out for her, that's what we do for our strays.
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

Yea, I'm not exactly sure what to do though, since we don't have any cats...what kind of food around the house could I use, or is there any?? Last time we had cats was like 8 years ago...

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

There are few strays around here that won't let me near them. I leave out food for them.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I would go out an buy some food for the kitty. Maybe some hard crunchy food, and some soft food.

My grandmother has been feeding strays for about 8 years, I believe. That's the reason she "adopted" and took her current 3-legged cat, Trey. And now, she has 3 "kittens" (they were born in June of last year, but still) inside, too. And right now, there's another litter of kittens that're younger that want inside. She's slowly letting more and more in, because they're socialized and such. There's a mama kitty that has had 8-9 litters since she's been there, but no one can catch this cat unless she's pregnant. So, there's still a no on that one. But, my point to this: she buys TONS of kitten/cat milk, cans of food, hard food, treats, etc., and gives them breakfast/lunch/dinner everyday. They're such lovely cats.
    ~Sara, Daisy, Jessie, Jake, & Jackson

<3 Gone but never forgotten <3
    {Benjamin, Russell, Chester, Dexter, George Harrison, & Leeroy} {O.D.} {Trey} {John-Paul & Earl}

Leave food out, maybe make up a warm place for her if you feel she has no place else to go. A cardboard box with old towels or blankets is better than nothing to her. If you can ger to the market, cat food would be best for her health, but in the meantime, anything - dog food, leftover chicken, etc works to fill her tummy. Put out fdresh water too. People often forget they need a clean drinking supply.

You should rent a hav-a-hart trap from your local shelter, that way maybe you can at least neuter/spay him/her so we don't have any more stray kitties!

Niņo & Eliza