Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Livvy is ill :(

Livvy is ill :(

To summarize Livvy:

We got Livvy three years ago from the Humane Society David and I were volunteering at. She was kind of overwieght, so she's been on "Lite" foods most of the time. I believe she's about 10 or 11 years old.

She wants to be the queen of the house, but Noah, Basie (and now the babies) wont allow that. They were cornering her and as a result she made a habit of using the couch, chairs and anywhere else her litterbox. We took her to the vet to make sure it was more a situational/habit thing and while she did have a UTI (most likely from holding it ). We moved her to our walk-in closet and allow her out when we're home. When its nice out, we let her live in our outdoor enclosure on the balcony.

When we brought her to the vet for urine, the vet wanted to take blood just to see how she was doing. She also took xrays because Livvy has a slight limp. The blood revealed corona virus exposure...it didn't mean she had it, but it showed she was exposed to it (most likely at the shelter). The xrays revealed an egg shaped growth on her liver. It was approx. 1" tall, 0.5" wide. The vet gave her some antibiotics for the UTI, told us to seperate her and that we'd keep an eye on her. She always ate, drank and had consistant bowel/urine movements.

When we got Jonah, we decided to "make" them get along and added him to her closet (or at times the enclosure so they'd have company). When we're home, Livvy has free reign, when we aren't home she's in her closet suite.

Livvy is still limping slightly (arthritis) and has gained a lot of weight dispite the diet food. She isn't active at all...her life consists of sleeping, laying down, eating, sleeping, sleeping and laying down some more. She has spirit..she loves rolling around with a catnip toy, but that's where it ends...and she likes to bite when you pet her for longer than 60 seconds. Livvy is the ultimate lap cat.

Last night, my vet came over and while we were chatting on the couch, Livvy jumped between us and wanted some love. Susie (the vet) couldn't believe how large she's gotten and examined the area she found the growth a year ago.

Susie said its gotten A LOT larger and that's not good.

Susie says it may be the reason she's been so inactive.

Poor Livvy. Please say some prayers for her. I/we don't want her to be in any pain.
    Last edited by NoahsMommy; 01-27-2005 at 12:15 PM.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Oh Kelly,

I'm so sorry Livvy is having problems.

The blood revealed corona virus exposure...it didn't mean she had it, but it showed she was exposed to it
    MooShoo has also tested positive for being exposed to FIP. The vet said it was due to the poor care that Moo's breeder gave him. 3 of his littermates died prematurely. Necropsies were performed. While deemed inconclusive, after two independent exams, both vets said it was probable.

I'm praying for Livvy. She's had a difficult time and I hope and pray that it's nothing more than a benign tumor.

((((hugs))))) to you and David.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Oh Kelly, I'm so sorry to hear that Livvy is not feeling well. I will say an extra special prayer that she is feeling better very soon.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

OH NO...

BIG prayers on the way for Livvy..

please keep us updated...
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Oh no! Seeing as how Livvy is a blackie, I've always been partial to her, and I'm so sorry to hear this distressing news. Did Susie say what the next step is - more x-rays, another blood test...?
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

((HUGS)) and prayers for Livvy!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Oh Kelly,
    Now I will worry about Olivia. Please keep us posted and let us know what's happening! I'll be thinking of you all.

I was kind of upset and shocked, but I think she said the next step is bloodwork, and a fine needle aspirate with an ultrasound.

The aspirate (and the bloodwork?) will let us know if its cancerous.

Prayers on the way for sweet Livvy. The cats have their paws crossed too!
    (((HUGS)))
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hugs and prayers from me; purrs and headbumpies from Livvy and Cassy. For Livvy and all your family....
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

I know I should be positive, but when Susie mentioned cancer, all I could think about was that I've never had to put any of my animals to sleep. I always used to tell clients that "its peaceful and so kind" and it totally is, I've witnessed many, many euthanasias. But...Livvy? Its different when its your own, I guess.

OK....back to positive thinking...

Prayers for Livvy dear!

Sending lots of healing energy to Livvy.

Yes, positive thinking is the only way to go.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Poor Kelly, poor Livvy. {{{HUGS}}} to both of you. I hope and pray the results come back benign. Positive thoughts!

It seems as if bad things all happen at once doesn't it? Good wishes coming your way.!