Thread: Ebony is in pain?

Ebony is in pain?***update***

Since we brought Ebony home from the vet yesterday, she hasn't been herself. Normally she likes to be in our lap or on our shoulder. Now she wants to be petted but doesn't want to be held- she will even hiss at us if we try to pick her up. I thought maybe it was nerves- she had a rough day at the vet and then she was allowed to explore the house a bit. Along with the exploring meant meeting 3 other cats and a dog- a bit stressful for any animal.

This morning she still doesn't want to be picked up and she is limping at bit. It seems like she has a tender spot on her abdomen. Could this be from the Dr's poking at her trying to figure out if it is worms or babies? Or is it stress from all of the changes in the last few days? Any ideas are aprreciated! Thanks!
    Last edited by chrangharris; 11-13-2004 at 07:13 AM.
    Chris

Chris...did Ebony get any shots? I just had vaccines done with Gracie and Gabe and it really seemed to take a lot of her compared to Gabe. She did not want to be touched or moved.

I bet my vet would probally thinks I'm a pain but if she does not seem to change in the next day I would call them and ask them what they think may be wrong.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

If she didn't have any shots, then I would probably call the vet to be sure. Good luck.... and please update us on her.
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

She did have several shots, had blood drawn and I know her poor tummy was poked at a lot trying to figure out what was going on. She has a lot happen to her in one day.

We are hoping,taht it is nothing serious,and being such a young Mother To Be,she might,be concerned,for her Kittens,and not used,as a Stray,to being handled that much.Prayers,are on the way,for Momma Cat,and Kittens!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I would watch her very closely. If it is still same thing tomorrow, I would get her to the vet !
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

If I were you I'd just call and ask anyway. The first time R&R got their shots three weeks ago they were lethargic, not eating, limping and whiney the next day, all day but then around midnight that night they improved and by the next morning they were their regular active selves.

Keep us posted.

From Decker with Love

Is she still eating and drinking OK? Is she playing?

The vet will probably tell you to keep an eye on her if the answers are "yes" to these questions.

Give her gentle kisses from me. Poor thing, the vet is never any fun.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Ebony seems to be doing much better this morning! It must have just been the after affects of seeing the white coats. She has been able to explore the main level of our us yesterday. Today we opened up the basement for her to explore also. She is being quite cautious about exploring and the other kitties. I think it is just a matter of time. If she sees another kitty she will just stop and sit and wait for them to do something. The others are getting more curious and less upset! Ebony even got brave and went and sniffed Cinnamon's tail! Thanks for all of the advice!
    Chris

Glad to hear that Ebony is feeling better! Is that belly going down any?? Anything....uh.....interesting in the litterpan?
    roving PT toilet reporter

I haven't been able to post until today but I have been keeping up and I'm so glad you took Ebony in. She is a beauty! I'm really glad to hear that she seems better this morning and hopefully it was just the after effects of the visit and shots.
    Keep us posted on this pretty girl!