Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Simba boy...... :(

My Simba boy...... :(

I know some of you will probably think this is silly since Simba isn't in the double digets yet...

But I just can't stop crying. Simba will be 7 this Christmas.
    My mom and I were just looking at him because he has some sores on his stomach/pee pee area.

I showed her his elbows... they're all worn and are starting to calous (?)

She said "He's an old boy..." and I started bursting into tears.
    I guess we were thinking the same thing because then she said "We can't think about it.. when it happens he'll want us to be happy"

I don't ever want my boy to leave me. I'm sick to my stomach and can't stop thinking about it now.

He just means so much to me.
    I can't stop crying and i'm crying more and more thinking about it. I layed on the floor with him for a half hour or so crying, and he kept lifting his head and licking the tears away.

He's always done that. He's my box of tissues. He's my heart. He's everything.

Why do things you love the most have to grow old?

I want my little puppy boy back again.

I'm sorry for being so stupid. I just had to vent to someone/something and this is the first place I thought of.

Oh Simba is sooo cute. And no i dont think your crazy or silly, i do that too, FACE my Rott is 5 and i always think about it and cry, my boyfriend does it too, only he doesnt cry, but we know he is getting older, its sad to think about, cuz we love them soooo much.
    That is a really cute picture

Kay, don't rush things. Simba still has a lot of years with you. He is healthy, and very lucky to have you, somebody that takes such good care of him.

He is not sick, he is healthy, thanks to you! Lots of year left for you and him.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Kay, I know exactly how you feel and I don't think your being stupid or silly.

I think about that twice a day when I give Jasper those evil life shortening pills, I hate those pills, I know Jasper is young but they are hurting him all the time, and it's very hard to think about.

Simba is still young and healthy, you should be very thankfull for that, as I wish my boy was healthy!

I hope you feel better, you can PM me if you need to talk.

{{{Hugs}}}

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Oh kay ~HUGS~ I think about this all the time as well... As you know danes have a very short lifespan and it hurts to think about it mercedes is 3 almost half her life alerady HUMPH.... Cheer up enjoy him while you can!!! He's got years left especially with a good mom like you

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

I know how you feel Merlin is 7 also. It's hard to belive ,

Agreed. Don't rush things. You will be amazed at how young 7 seems when you have a 13 year old dog. Don't worry, enjoy these years, and sometimes it's better to not think about the future!

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

It's hard not to.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Oreo is 15 now and the vet said for her age she is doing very well. (she is deaf now and is incontinent at night but some medication has taken care of that) I have no doubt that she will be with us for at least a couple of more years. Simba is less than half her age! He will be with you for a very long time and with the love and care you give him, he will be both hale and hardy!

I do have to say that when Snoopy had those seizures and I thought he was dying, I could hardly stand the thought of losing my hyper, loving boy! I guess that is the cost of loving!

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Kay many dogs live well into their teens. My RB Corey was a 95 lb. shepard/collie and he lived till a week before his 12th birthday.We had to put him down. (cancer) And he was a bigger dog.We never thought he'd live that long. Your Simba has a lot of good years left in him, please try not to worry and just enjoy him!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

He's only seven. Don't get ahead of yourself. He's only middle aged! He's not old yet!! Enjoy him. Take a million pictures of him--I know you already do, but trust me when he does go (a long time from now) you will treasure every single one of them, even the imperfect ones.

I've posted this before, but it fits here too. I lost my Hoodoo at four & a half years old, with no warning. He went from healthy to dead in under four hours. I would give anything to be able to watch him grow old, but I will never have the opportunity.

Now, I have Preacher who truly is old and is slowly, but surely leaving me. It breaks my heart, but I really think it's a privledge to be able to care for him at the end of his life. He has given me great joy in the short time I've known him (Preacher was at least nine when he arrived here). He's been a good and faithful friend. He saved my life at least once. The least I can do is make his senior time as comfy and happy as possible. I will miss him forever when the times comes, but to miss that pain I would have had to miss loving him.

Enjoy your special boy. He's a beautiful dog and you take exceptional care of him. I'm sure you will have him around for much longer.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Oh Kay you are not being stupid at all, but I have to say he's still quite young. Of course they never live as long as we'd like them to (the rest of our lives would be great to me) but I have to ditto everyone else. Enjoy him while he's here with you and try not to think about the inevitable (sp?).
    He's a wonderful dog and you take great care of him so I have no doubt that he will have many, many more great years with you

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I'm sorry Kay, I worry about that too and my pups are only 1 and 2 years of age. I try not to worry about it but like you said, it's hard not to. I wish they aged like people do. Simba has a great mom who will take great care of him, he'll have a wonderful and very long happy life with you, he wants you to be happy, I know he loves you very much!

-hugs-
    [CENTER]
    *Brandy*

oh Kay! don't think like that! you made me think about my Beanie leaving me! he'll be 8 this feb! the best thing we can do between now and when their time is up is spoil, spoil, spoil!!!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

I understand what you are feeling Kay. My Sadie is only 4, but her muzzle is starting to gray and her elbows to callous. I have no reason to think she doesn't have many year left ahead ofher, but it the back of mind, I wonder how will I hande it when she is gone? It is hard to not think about, but what I tell myself, is that if I spend toomuch time worrying how I willhandle them being gone, I won't enjoy them being here.