Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Watching the Results...

Watching the Results...

I'm sure there are many of you out there watching the results of the election, either on tv or on CNN's site. As the votes come in, I find myself increasingly anxious. My fear of Bush winning is so strong. Now, I don't want to start an argument or anything, I'm merely expressing my thoughts, fears and opinions right now since no one else is home.

Most people dont have as much at risk as myself and other like me. My very rights as an American citizen are at stake! I'm worried that if Bush wins, he'll be the first president to amend the Constitution to take away rights. That should not be right.... to anyone! I'm scared of the hypocrisy that will come along with that. I will be made to pay all the taxes as everyone else, abide by the same laws as everyone else, but I will not be afforded all the same rights as everyone else. "Life, liberty and the persuit of happiness" is what the constitution says. But if Bush wins, my liberty will be taken away. I will be free to love whom I wish, but why should I not be able to marry whom I wish? There was a time not so long ago when it was illegal for blacks and whites to marry. That was fixed. Why? BEcause it just wasn't right! What ticks me off is that when the subject of same sex marriage comes up, the next thing in line is sisters marrying brothers, or being able to marry the family dog. We are not freaks! We are not sick! We ARE the same as everyone else in the eyes of the law. Why not just make us wear the pink triangle as Hitler did? Gays didn't have rights then either. I realise that people will jump in and say, "But you have all the other rights... why do you need this?" To that I say, why do YOU? The argument of procreation has been talked about. Ok. So what about infertile men and women? Should they not be allowed to marry because they are incapable of having children? It's the same thing. America prides itself on being the best country in the world. Great. Now PROVE it! Prove to the rest of the world that we are the greatest! Prove that this IS the land of the free! With EQUAL rights for everyone. I don't want anything special. I just want the SAME rights as the rest of the country. Is that so much to ask? Is it wrong of me to want the same as everyone else? Is it wrong of me to want to marry the woman I love and have it RECOGNISED? I don't think so. But maybe I'm wrong.

If Bush wins, I fear for this country. I fear for the rights of the GLBT community, I fear for the rights of women who are looked at as 2nd class citizens by the Bush admin. I fear for the much needed medical research, the fund for which will be decreased as Bush throws us into more war, more death and more pointless killing. All I can do at this point is keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks for letting me rant!
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    The polls in California are open for three more hours; 4 more hours in Hawaii (or is it 5?). It ain't over till it's over .... and it's going to be a LONG night!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

It's not looking good for Kerry supporters already.

I know.... But there are still a lot of states left. I feel nauseaus... There is so much riding on this election.

oh hell... if bush wins, i'll just move to Canada! lol
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

I really long for the days when you voted, watched a little TV, went to sleep and found out who was the president was while you were standing in your driveway, reading the newspaper while you were almost naked underneath your robe......

THAT was the closest SEX AND POLITICS ever got.....
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Originally posted by RICHARD
    I really long for the days when you voted, watched a little TV, went to sleep and found out who was the president was while you were standing in your driveway, reading the newspaper while you were almost naked underneath your robe......

THAT was the closest SEX AND POLITICS ever got.....
    LoL Gee, that'd be nice. Naked.... oh.. what?... I'm sorry... I got sidetracked there... what were we talking about again?
    -- Immanuel Kant

We all have our "fears" re: what will happen if the "other guy" wins. I voted for Kerry but think that Bush will win and have the beginning. Still, Kerry is ahead in electoral votes. I just don't think people are willing to make a change while we are at war. Bush is ahead in Fla., and that's very telling But there's a good chance Kerry will win the popular vote but lose the electoral vote, which would be very upsetting for us again as a county, to endure yet again. I definitely think we need to do something to change the electoral sytem to more fairly allow the will, and vote of the people to be heard. Right now, it's all down to a few "key" states.
    Last edited by tatsxxx11; 11-02-2004 at 07:31 PM.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Bush is ahead in the popular vote at this point!
    *roots him on*
    Last edited by Sirrahsim; 11-02-2004 at 07:31 PM.
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Hard as it is to resist "correcting" the commet made above, alas I must.

Bush is ahead in the popular vote at this point!
    *roots him on*

*resists the urge to correct statements made above*

If the above comment re: erroneously commenting that I said Kerry was ahead in the popular vote, was directed at me... I didn't say he was. I said he was ahead in electoral vote, as reported by all networks and the cable stations. . My comment was that it was possible that he, Kerry, MIGHT win the popular vote, but lose the election. Hope that helped to clarify my comments
    Last edited by tatsxxx11; 11-02-2004 at 07:32 PM.

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

nope, I'm sorry it wasn't about the voting in particular I shouldn't have said anything at all, sorry to confuse! I'll go take that out
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

No problem It's nail biting time for us all

I think we will have a long night ahead of us...

I have CNN.com open and Peter Jennings on in the living room. Bush is in the lead right now

I really don't want to go to sleep tonight thinking Bush has been reelected.

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

Originally posted by RubyMutt
    I think we will have a long night ahead of us...

I have CNN.com open and Peter Jennings on in the living room. Bush is in the lead right now

I really don't want to go to sleep tonight thinking Bush has been reelected.
    Just think of the fun you'll have should Kerry win.......and your robe flies open in the driveway!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------

I heard on the radio last night that doctors have named a new malady PEAS.

Post Election Anxiety Syndrome..

I am more afraid of our elected officials than I am of terrorists....

I know where to find my elected officials.

---------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. the sun will rise in the east and set in the west....the only difference is the guy driving the bus..........You just have to remember to give the new guy a chance.....he doesn't know the route.......yet.
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I totally agree with you, heinz57_79. I know more people signed up to vote in California than ever this year... but since Bush seems to be ahead, it makes me wish I had registered to vote too!!! *gulps and is VERY worried*

I am more afraid of our elected officials than I am of terrorists....
    Ditto! :\
    *bites nails*

Originally posted by RubyMutt
    Peter Jennings on in the living room.
    What is Jennings on and why is he in YOUR living room????
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.