Thread: Allergies?? Advice please

Allergies?? Advice please

OK...so Vegas and Reno were both very sick with severe URI when I adopted them in May. THey both have recovered beautifully however I am a tad worried about Reno. She is extremely active, eats and drinks well etc. But still has runny eyes and the sneezies. Her eyes are clear, no colored discharge and same with her nose...no gunky stuff.
    I'm thinking it may be just allergies...does anyone else have experience with allergy kitties? We have a vet appt. set for Weds. to be sure...they are getting spayed in a couple weeks so I want them 100%.

Also.....even though they are sisters, Vegas is much bigger than Reno. I DO see Vegas at the food dish more often than Reno but I am starting to think her growth might have been stunted. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Gee Equus, i'm sorry I have no advice for you, as i've never gone through this with any of my kitties, but I just wanted to say that I hope and pray that precious little Reno feels better soon and that it isn't anything serious.

I'm glad she is going to see the vet on Wednesday.
    Keep us posted okay.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

I don't have advise about allergies. Thoughts on weight difference is Vegas seems to be dominant cat. When adopting our Eleanor, her sister Betsy was also available. Betsy was quite a bit smaller than Eleanor. Since being in our house, Eleanor doesn't miss an oportunity to eat.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

I know with human beings, clear stuff in the tissue when you blow your nose means allergies, cloudy means a cold or infection, so maybe it's the same for kitties? Let us know what you find out!

THANKS!

Thanks for the response guys.....I'm hoping it's just allergies cause she's normal in all other areas. I will let you all know what the white coats have to say!