I see that a lot of people have problems with marking... so I'll just join the pack. Allen has always been a finicky cat regarding his box. If it is not immacualte, he'll use the basement floor (when we got him, his "sister" - a dog, used the basement floor on a regular basis, so Allen thought it was A-Ok.)

Allen also LOVES the bathmat. If we have it down, in less than a few hours, he will leave poop on it - never pee, always poop- and always as soon as I put them down. If I don't have a mat down, and a bath towel instead, he doesn't do it... he'll use the box.

Now I see that he's been using my daughter's comforter instead of a box. Let me state that she insisted on a box in her room, but refused to clean it.. I told her that if she wanted the box (it was the only way we'd let Pouncer sleep all night in her room with the door closed) then she had the responsibility of cleaning it. If she didn't, I wouldn't and she'd live with the smell. She removed it this weekend.

But Allen still uses the conforter. Luckily we have several old ones that she can use until I get around to washing it, but he's getting really bad at doing this... its becoming a daily routine.