Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: worms...

worms...

has your dog had worms befor??

Tikeya has them and I am guessing that baby and oscar do to... We are taking them to the vet to get dewormed tomorrow. They were dewormed a while ago but they cought it anyways... ... they probably sniffed some other dogs poop that was infected with worms ...
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Nope! Cami is perfectly healthy!

lucky you

Nope.....my Moosey is a perfectly healthy little boy, and he always has been!

Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
    lucky you
    Hm....the way I'm reading that, there is hint of sarcasm in it. Am I wrong here?

Nope, My dogs are free from worms and healthy as well.

I normally don't let them sniff other dog's poop, so they wouldn't be able to get it that way.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

my dogs are usually healthy, but I dont know how they got worms !!! ....

What kind of worms? Most kinds are very minor and are quickly removed with medication.

It is very easy for them to get it if you take them to high dog traffic areas such as parks. All they would have to do is run through some poop then lick their paw ... so it might not have been so obvious as if they sniffed poop.

Don't worry about it. You can get rid of the worms quickly.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Nope but I've been meaning to get their stool checked since we never got Kaedyn checked for worms.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Originally posted by Moose
    Hm....the way I'm reading that, there is hint of sarcasm in it. Am I wrong here?
    Exactly what i was thinking brooke! All i said was cami was perfectly healthy, shes worm free, always has been! I normally dont tell cami to sniff others dogs poop either..

Exactly what i was thinking brooke! All i said was cami was perfectly healthy, shes worm free, always has been! I normally dont tell cami to sniff others dogs poop either..

Someone types lucky you and you automatically assume there was sarcasm in it?

What was it the way it was typed??

Why not think, hmmm it must suck for her dogs to have worms, not knowing where they might have gotten them, and she wishes her dogs were like ours who have never had them.

Me thinks some chips need to be knocked from shoulders.....hopefully they're Lays

Originally posted by CamCamPup33

I wasnt being sarcastic... I said you were lucky!!

For once, I'm going to keep my mouth shut and stop this from going any further.

...but before I do that, I just love it how you have to get your nose into everything, Shelteez. My post wasn't directed toward you or anyone in particular. However, I've noticed that when people say "lucky you" it's normally in a sarcastic tone. It seems to me that when someone's pet is healthy, that's something to be pretty happy about.....whether you like that person or not; It's not their fault someone else's dogs have something wrong with them health-wise. So jeez, relax and take a deep breath; you're fine.

There.....now I'm done. You know I couldn't just let it go without saying one more thing.

Internal parasites are very easy to contract. It in no way implies that the dog is not cared for properly or is not healthy. A dog with parasites that is not treated will certainly become unhealthy, don't get me wrong. But simply contracting internal parasites is not a disease, and does not mean bad health.

Internal parasites come from many sources - other animals feces, dead animals, even stagnant water. Puppies can be born with worms, if the mother dog has them. If a dog goes wading in a pond, it can catch internal parasites. Because a dog has contracted them, this in no way implies bad or negligent owners.

An important thing with internal parasites is to make sure to clean up the yard really, really good. Clean up all feces immediately, check for any dead birds or mice that your dogs might have hidden or buried, spray it with disinfectant, if you can. If you treat the dogs, and there are still problem areas where they can re-contract worms, you've just wasted your money. Make sure you get a de-wormer from your vet, not over the counter. Take a sample of the worms in for your vet to see. It's really hard to describe worms. The best de-wormers are made for one or two specific species of parasites. General, broad-based wormers are not as effective, that's why it's important your vet see the worms.

lucky you
    I didn't perceive that to be sarcastic at all. Why would you possibly think it was? My goodness. Actually, this is the reply that I found to be quite sarcastic.

I normally dont tell cami to sniff others dogs poop either..
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Originally posted by Shelteez2
    What was it the way it was typed??
    Yes! I already talked to jynnelle (SP) about this.. I also thought she was being sarcastic..

And no, twisterdog, that wasnt supposed to be sarcastic.. But thanks for your 2 cents..

Originally posted by Moose
    ...but before I do that, I just love it how you have to get your nose into everything, Shelteez. My post wasn't directed toward you or anyone in particular. However, I've noticed that when people say "lucky you" it's normally in a sarcastic tone. It seems to me that when someone's pet is healthy, that's something to be pretty happy about.....whether you like that person or not; It's not their fault someone else's dogs have something wrong with them health-wise. So jeez, relax and take a deep breath; you're fine.
    I am so sorry. I am still fairly new here and was unaware you are not supposed to respond to anything unless it's specifically directed to you. I'll go and look for where it says that on the site.