Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just out of curiousity - X-mas cards?

Just out of curiousity - X-mas cards?

I was wondering if any of you have a limit as to how many X-mas cards to send? In late october, already about 50 members had joined the PT list. I expected that another 50 might join and I'm afraid that's more than I can handle this year. That's why I didn't join.

I enjoyed very much being part of this last year, though. There were about 25.

If 150 had joined - or 200, what would you have done? Do you have a limit?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I remember about 50 people on the list last year and about 30 the year before.

If 150-200 had joined, I think it would have been good for us all to get together and discuss what to do because not too many people can afford to send out that many. I'm sure we could have worked something out.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I think there were 47 last year... and close to 60 this year!
    It's getting to be more than one person to handle (esp. when that person still has one mini-paper and two term papers left to write! lol Thank God for Naomi's help!! )

Randi, I don't expect that many more people to sign up--maybe five at the most.

My goodness! 100+ cards?! EEK! lol I can't imagine. Not sure what I would do. I probably wouldn't participate on that large of a scale...maybe just with the few I'm closest to.

Maybe next year we could have more than one list. One for cats, one for dogs and one for other pets.
    You could sign up for one or more lists, but had to send a card to everyone on your list(s).
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

I enjoyed very much being part of this last year, though. There were about 25.
    I was on the list last year and there was definitely more than 25....

I think 60 is plenty for me...maybe 65...I don't think we'll ever have 100 people join so I wouldn't worry. It's a big commitment to join the list, or at least it *should* be.

I am glad I could participate, although I would say if it goes over 50 people we should split the list as Felicia's Mum suggested. Mine this year cost me $230!!!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Sixty is getting close to my limit, only because nearly all are overseas postage. If it became many more, then I'd support separate lists, as Felicia's Mom suggested.
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Originally posted by Felicia's Mom
    Maybe next year we could have more than one list. One for cats, one for dogs and one for other pets.
    You could sign up for one or more lists, but had to send a card to everyone on your list(s).
    What a good idea.

If we had seperate lists, I don't know that I could participate anymore. Since I have both dogs and cats, how would I choose which list to be on? I'd feel too terrible choosing one!
    Alyson

Originally posted by aly
    If we had seperate lists, I don't know that I could participate anymore. Since I have both dogs and cats, how would I choose which list to be on? I'd feel too terrible choosing one!
    You could sign up for both lists.

Originally posted by micki76
    You could sign up for both lists.
    But if we got to the point where we'd need seperate lists, that'd mean there'd probably be too many people combined on both lists.
    Alyson

I'm kind of worried that I won't be able to afford it now. I didn't realise how big the list would be. So, I'll have to save up for postage and the special pic I choose. So, no one worry, I'll get mine out to you. It might have to be spread out over December so please don't think I've forgotten you if it's past Christmas. With Chance's board as an extra bill, I've been getting behind with everything else and have been making big payments on my other bills to try and get caught up.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Originally posted by aly
    A lot of PTers have different types of animals, or would want to participate on both lists, so there may be a lot of double-ups on separate lists and your total mailout not much bigger. I guess we wait until next year and see what happens!

In the meantime, my cards haven't arrived and I paid for them two weeks ago. ARGHHHHH!
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Hopefully this is not a rude question...

I think this might sound a bit rude, but why would we want to send a card to every single pet talk person? There are many folks ( I do believe) who cannot afford to do the entire list mailing. I have not participated because I have a ton of cards to do anyway, and one more ton would be too much. Anyway, I would love to send a few of the members of Pet Talk a card, just not the entire membership or list. Would that be ok? Just to send to those folks I would like to......not 57....plus!??? I would like the list and wouldn't mind being put on the list, but just don't want to feel as though I have to send a card to everyone and vise versa.

Thanks....

Re: Hopefully this is not a rude question...

If you don't want to send a card to EVERYONE on the list, PM or e-mail those that you do want to send a card to and exchange addresses with them.

The list is for those who want to send cards to everyone who is on it.

---

I don't like the idea of different lists, I like one. I enjoy recieving pictures of the kitties and other animals.

And if anyone just wants to send cards to a select few, like I said above -- they they can get together with those certain people and exchange cards with them.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits