Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A wonderful story about a boy named Trooper

A wonderful story about a boy named Trooper

Saturday, I was lucky enough to assist in transporting a Golden Boy from Hickory,NC to Knoxville,TN, on his way "home" to Dallas, TX. This boy, Trooper, who just got his new name today, was "Badger" on Saturday, and it just didn't fit him. One of the nicest things about telling you this story is that he now belongs to one of our newer members, Peggy, and her husband. Peggy hasn't joined us much so far...shoot, she's been tracking down this boy and making arrangements for his transportation! And I can tell you first hand that it was worth all of her efforts! He is a love!!

My only regret is that I wasn't the one who handed him off to her. I have tried to post his picture, but its not working, so you should go to the following link and read his story on the MSN Golden Retriever board...it will be worth your time, and if you're like me, you have to read that "doggie talk" out loud to know what it says!!

http://communities.msn.com /GoldenRetriever/poetrybyus.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Mess age=60088&LastModified=4675342761926578922&all_top ics=1

[ October 15, 2001: Message edited by: Logan ]

[ October 15, 2001: Message edited by: Logan ]

Wow! What a neat story. You should be proud to have been a part of it. I hope Trooper gets his heartworm taken care of soon. I'll add him to my list for poochie prayers.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Oh Logan, the story about Trooper made me cry. Your Golden people are so caring. What a wonderful boy and he is going to such a wonderful family. You are an angel to drive that sweet boy all that way I'm so proud of you. It just makes me so happy to hear this story and what a beauty Trooper is. He is a real sweet boy.
    I saw that someone on the Schnauzer rescue is looking for a Schnauzer but they are in Southern California so I gave them the ladys name who is the rescue in Southern California her name is Peggy and I am praying they will get one of her rescues. I asked them to let me know as they just lost their Schnauzer who was their baby boy.
    You must feel so good knowing you just united the sweetest Golden with new parents.
    Good job Logan
    Jackie

Three cheers for our Ms Logan and all the time and effort that she invested to make it possible for Trooper to get to his more than wonderful Forever Home. A couple more feathers have been added to your angel wings.

Hip Hip Hurray for Logan!!! That Golden story made me cry it was so touching Trooper is one fine looking boy with a lovely, heartwarming smile. I am so glad to hear that you went to such measures to take Trooper to his new home, that was such a generous thing to do.

Logan, Your heart is PURE GOLD! What a wonderful thing you did. May your generosity be doubled and sent back to you in a very special way! You are a Blessing!

You guys are really sweet, but I only did it because I knew what a wonderful home that boy was headed to. They are the angels to open their home to this heartworm positive boy and give him a "forever" place to live, free of those bad heartworms and full of love! And how lucky they all are!!!

Logan, you are the best!!!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Logan, you're going to have to keep us up to date on Trooper's progress. And I echo everyone else's thoughts, you are the greatest. I wish I could do stuff like that, but the opportunity doesn't seem to present itself here in Fort Wayne. WAY TO GO LOGAN!!!!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Great job Logan! What a wonderful story. Trooper is SO beautiful, and so are the very many people who made his new home a reality. Keep us posted on how he's doing. He and his new mom look ecstatic! Yea, Trooper!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Wow What a Story!!

Congrats to Trooper on his new fambli.

And a BIG congrats to Logan for helping to make his forever home come true!

(And Logan, how is Miss Honey's Ear?)

Here's the link to Peggy's update about Trooper. Bless his heart, he is fighting not only the heartworms, but also Lyme disease, plus hookworms.....even if you don't read the link, say a little prayer for that sweet boy, ok?

Thanks.
    http://communities.msn.com/GoldenRet...4&all_topics=1

Dear Trooper. Sounds like you're in the best of hands, getting the best care, and I know you are very loved. Hang tough sweet boy! The good doctors, some medicine, and your new momma's endless love will get you through this. All of us here raise our paw to you Trooper. You truly are a brave, brave, boy. A real trooper!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Trooper, so sorry you have to suffer so much!! You're in good hands now! Good luck!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

How much can a poor dog go through. You can bet he will be getting good wishes and prayers from our house, he just has to get well now that he has such a loving home and family. Thanks for the update Logan.
    Jackie

[ October 18, 2001: Message edited by: Jackie ]